CRF450X

i dont know why you fellas say that the 650 is shite in the single stuff if you get it down pat its easy as my mate is on a wr250 which should be awesome through single stuff but im right on him and wishing he would hurry up some places

$6,999 :thumbsup:

HP @ 9,000 RPM = 55.6

Torque @ 6,500 RPM = 37.39 lb/ft

...but 255 lbs dry / 284 lbs wet :devil:

I'm glad I bought a CR250 2 stroke and will keep my piggies for the time being :awww:

DOES THIS MEAN IT'S TRUE??? IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!! :thumbsup::devil::awww:

Yep, it's finally officially announced on Honda's HRCA web site and on its way.

so does the HRCA website say when it will be on the dealers floor?

any specs on oil capacity and all that?

Oh they are gona' sell a bunch of these...I've got several friends just dying for this bike.

ENGINE

Engine Type 449cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke

Bore and Stroke 96.0mm x 62.0mm

Compression Ratio 12.0:1

Valve Train Unicam; four-valve

Carburetion Keihin 40.0mm flat-slide with throttle position sensor (TPS)

Ignition CD with electronic advance and lighting coil

Starting Electric & kick

DRIVE TRAIN

Transmission Wide-ratio five-speed

Final Drive #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 13T/51T

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES

Front Suspension 47.0mm inverted Showa cartridge fork with 16-position rebound- and

16-position compression-damping adjustability; 12.4-inch travel

Rear Suspension Pro-Link Showa single shock with spring-preload, 17-position

rebound-damping adjustability, and compression-damping adjustment

separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns);

12.4-inch travel

Front Brakes Single 240.0mm disc with twin-piston caliper

Rear Brake Single 240.0mm disc

Front Tire 80/100-21

Rear Tire 110/100-18

DIMENSIONS

Wheelbase 58.2 inches

Rake 27.28 degrees

Trail 112.8mm (4.4 inches)

Seat Height 37.9 inches

Ground Clearance 13.7 inches

Dry Weight 255 pounds

Fuel Capacity 2.27 gallons

OTHER

Available Colors Red

Model ID CRF450X

MSRP: $6999

Available: February 2005

Man, I got to have one of those!!!

I wonder if it is as reliable as the ol' Pig :thumbsup:

I wonder if it is as reliable as the ol' Pig :thumbsup:

I highly doubt it.

I wonder if it is as reliable as the ol' Pig :devil:

I highly doubt it.

I second that, but it would not stop me from owning one. :thumbsup:

Here comes the flood of used XR650R's for sale. I think I will have to get a second one and perhaps super motard it :thumbsup:

Damn, I hope you are right. I'd love to have one as a second bike for a dual sport. :thumbsup:

Here comes the flood of used XR650R's for sale. I think I will have to get a second one and perhaps super motard it

That's exactly what I just did. I just bought another used 2001 XR650R very cheap and its still corked with the original tires, etc. I plan to D/S and or Motard it :thumbsup:

Here comes the flood of used XR650R's for sale. I think I will have to get a second one and perhaps super motard it :thumbsup:

You ain't gettin my XR650R, I will always keep one around. They is awsome. The CRF450X will just be another horse in the stables. I won't be buying another new bike for a couple years. By then my 525EXC will have 6 or 7 thousand miles on it and in need of overhaul. A good time to trade in on a CRF :devil:

I have to admit that the 650R has been the best all around bike that I have owned to date (CR125, CR250, XR350, KLX250, XT350, XR600, XR250....Etc) Since I am only allowed by the boss to have one bike for Dad (whole other topic) then this is the bike for me. I did make the mistake of allowing my 14 yr old to ride the BRP the last time out. I think the second one would have to be for him :thumbsup:

I did make the mistake of allowing my 14 yr old to ride the BRP the last time out. I think the second one would have to be for him

That's what happened to me. I let my 14 year old ride my BRP and he's hooked. He still likes his XR250, but he's on my BRP whenever he gets a chance. He's also taking a liking to the CR250, but someday we'll squeeze a CRF450X in there or perhaps the CRF600X when its released late next year.

I told him he could ride it when he could start it. Sure enough he jumped up and wham it fire up. I told him to take it easy until he got used to it. That lasted for about 75 yards and then all I could ever see again was dust. When I did catch up with him I will never forget the look on his face :thumbsup: "Dad this thing is a rocketship" He spent the next week telling all of the neighbor kids about how he rode Dad's 650R. Got to love it :devil:

i'll get the 450x when it comes out. i've been waiting for something that will help me in the tighter races like the national enduros and i also want to race some of the hare scrambles up north.

but i'm with you guys, between now and when i get the 450x i'm gonna try to find the cleanest/newest dual sported 650r i can get, pull all my race stuff off my 03 and sell it, and use the newer 650r for hare & hounds and rides out of my garage.

i love the 650r too much to just give it up. i think it still has plenty of applications, both racing and riding, to make it irreplacable.

it just will be cool to have something i could ride in say the idaho qualifier or the moose run up in ill.

btw: did you hear all the &%$#@! on the crf forum bitchin about the weight. jezus christ. one of them was saying the the extra weight is gonna keep him from turning around on a tight trail. squids...