426 blowby

I have an 01 426 that I believe has a good amount of hours on, not sure. it starts and runs great but I noticed it pushes alot of air out of the big breather hose down under the the flywheel cover. I also noticed a little oil drips out after I shut it off, 2 maybe 3 drops over a 1/2 hour period. it looks like there is just a little moisture in the oil, not white just a little lighter brown and a trace of foam in it. it is a little over full of oil and the anti-freeze hasnt gone down any that I noticed. I am new to the yamahas and dont know what is normal on these beasts so any help would be appreciated thanks :thumbsup::devil:

It sounds normal. I had similar question after doing my 03 exhaust cam install, thinking it had something to do with that, but it had been doing it all along--- Just hadn't noticed.

Perfectly normal.

That is completly normal.... For the water that seems to be in the oil, I read in another thread that there is also some steam that can come out of the breather hose so that would be the source of the water in oil appearance... Thought something was wrong with my bike when i first got it and posted a simular question to yours. :thumbsup:

That is completly normal.... For the water that seems to be in the oil, I read in another thread that there is also some steam that can come out of the breather hose so that would be the source of the water in oil appearance... Thought something was wrong with my bike when i first got it and posted a simular question to yours. :thumbsup:

As stated above All Normal.

The spuggy that comes out is normal as well depending on your climate its a mixture of moisture and oil that gets beat to a froth and then collects and leaks out of the tube after a ride.

Things to be fearful of if you see smoke coming out of the tube or excessive oil.. Thats a :devil:

Thanks guys, that makes me sleep a little better. I thought it was the beginning of the end and I just started to like her. I had a klx 300 before and, well its no secret the performance bar was a little lower but you just hammered that thing and changed oil with zero problems. now with this kind of H.P. I am kinda paranoid when it comes to dependability. after all it feels like a top fuel dragster in comparison and they like their maintainance. :thumbsup: