HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sqwidget

triple clamps

9 posts in this topic

you can use pro tapers for a yz. the only isue is the head light brakets. since the stock clamp bolt to the side and the bolts on the pro tapers face the front you will have to modifie your brakets. I bent mine into a L shape and elongated the holes to work with the three bolts on the new clamps. then re aimed the head light. I eventaly used a bugee cord to hold it on sice the bolts were so hard to get too. pro taper make 7/8 bar clamps so you don,t have to buy the bars.

TAG T2 Top clamp works well!

Just enlarge one of the headlight mount holes on each side and your done.

TAG T2 Top clamp works well!

Just enlarge one of the headlight mount holes on each side and your done.

if you do this will you have to retap the holes or arent those threaded?

also what do i order the clamps from to put on? will i have to do anyother mods to make all the things work?

i also found brp top triple clamps. how are these clamps?

The hole to enlarge is on the metal braket that goes between the headlight Assy, and the top clamp.

The bolt spacing is slightly different in the TAG clamp.

b.r.p. makes quality stuff. all your lights and odo will bolt right on. make sure you tell them it's for a wr. you have alot of choices with the b.r.p. clamp. rubber mount, taller clamp, bar diameter........

kind of depends on the options you get. i went with the rubber mounted bars and the one piece top clamp that allows a trail computer or steering damper to be mounted. with shipping it was $221.03. go to the web site and look around. brpit.com