HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
silveradoss

Another backfire, popping question

3 posts in this topic

Halfway through a ride last week my bike would backfire, and pop on deceleration. It is weird because it ran fine the first half of the day. I am thinking it is the fmf factory 4 silencer ( air might be leaking where the midpipe meets the header)but I have had the silencer on for about 3 months now and I think the sealant( silicone )might have burnt off where the pipe meets the silencer. I just cleaned the carb, adjusted the air screw and tightened the air boot where it meets the carb, other than that I dont know what else to look for. Could the valves need adjusted? :thumbsup: I forgot to mention it was about 85 degrees and humid so I dont know how it would have gotten lean??

check and make sure that all your exhaust connections are air tight, generally you are right; back firing on decelleration is caused from leaky exhaust, dont be alarmed. :thumbsup: