shattered damping rods

This is wild!!!!

The rod should have never taken an impact like that. Did someone modify your fork?

Bummer that Yamaha doesn't sell these separate from the cartridge assemblies.

I may have a set aroud here, but they need some restoration.

DaveJ

oh i already took care of replacement parts. i work at a aftermarket parts dealer and was able to get a hold of some trick kayaba factory parts , hehehe. anyways, im about 230lbs and the suspensionw as set up for my weight, and for agressive motocross riding, by factory connection. it wasnt their fault. i know kawisaki's had thsi problem a few years ago, so im thinking its a yamaha brainfart or something, but im not too worried. I got it almost all back together. Anyways, it was a really really hard hit that caused those things to snap. I dont think ive ever even come close to bottoming my forks so hard before, so im not really surprised that something gave way.

they snapped about 4-6 inches below the cap and took the plastic spring guides with them. one of them is in 4 pieces, the other in 10 or so. ill get a pic as soon as possible. do you think yamaha had a batch of brittle rods and maybe did not care to let anyone know, or correct the problem? ive already fixed the forks though with new rods and spring guides, as well as comletely dissassembled the forks to clean out any chunks that mave have gotten into it. also new seals installed.