Volleyball anyone?

Hey all!

This has NOTHING to do with motorcycles. But I'm sure many of you TTalk old-timers wanted to know what I've been up to lately since I haven't been on my OWN site much.

How many of you guys play volleyball? I'm talking doubles in the sand? In California, it's one of the many top state sports. It's pretty big here in Colordado too.

I used to play in the AA division in Colorado (top Co. division) years ago before I got into moutain biking and dirt biking. But I got burned out on the attitudes and sitting at double elim tourneys all weekend waiting to play.

However, recently I re-discovered the need to play this sport. So I've been spending much of my free time not riding my WR like I should, but playing v-ball. In fact, I'm trying to shake off the rust of almost 8 years of not playing in the sand (maybe played 6 times in that period) and get motivated to play in a Colorado Pro Qualifier tourney in July. Then I might play in the famous Aspen Motherload over Labor day. I would play in the Masters division (very competitive and Californian Olympic gold medalist Pat Powers often plays in that division and would completely SPANK MY BUTT if I had to face him). Of course I would also take my WR since Aspen has some AWESOME trails!

So, that's what I've been doing with my time when I should be updating ThumperTalk and riding my WR. But, I'm OK with that choice for now.

How many of you play v-ball on this forum (not sissy picnic ball but in-your-face doubles with jump serves and cussing)? Any big California players out there? I know Harold plays a bit right?

Bryan..

I used to play, when I lived in California. I was a firefighter and played a neighboring department in a sand pit.

I suck, you'd probably spike the ball of my forehead and knock me out ? Ever done that :D

Glad to hear your having fun. Don't forget to keep the rust off of your riding skills. Riding is less forgiving than volleyball :D

Bill

------------------

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, MX-Tech suspension, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

Ouch! ?

Maybe you should play more outdoor v-ball so you can get rid of that pasty white condition so next time you visit a foreign beach you won't give us Americans a bad name?

BTW: I have a photo of KerryT MAJOR hung over, all pasty white, standing in the middle of the South Platte puking last summer. Maybe I should post that on TTalk? Or I could sell them and the proceeds would go to TTalk?

Bryan...

Ahhh, it's good to get a laugh off the site again!! I love it when other people have drinking problems, and I don't mean the abusive kind ?

------------------

Khris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

What are you, YELLOW?

If it's dirty, I do it and think it!!

What's really sad is that Kerry only had one marg the night before!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, but I forgot about that strenuous game of fast pitch whiffle ball with the beer on each base. That probably contributed to his state.

bmh...

[This message has been edited by Bryan (edited 06-06-2001).]

Wait! It's all coming back to me now! That's the SAME day of the famous JAKES TRUCK FLYING THROUGH THE AIR incident!

We were all on a 4wd road with bikes in the back heading home. We had to get up a NASTY LOOSE STEEP WHOOPED out SANDY hill. Dave and Ron made it up and struggled a little. So we told Jake to floor it. He hit the hill at TOP SPEED IN 4WD LOW! Must have been about 20 mph or so? When he hit the whoops, HIS TRUCK I SWEAR WAS ENTIRELY TWO FEET IN THE AIR AND SIDEWAYS! The vision is PERMENENTLY burned into my head! And his WR flipped up and BANGED his roof HARD! Kerry and I watched in disbelief!

Yes, a Chevy K1500 pickup DOES fly! I've seen it with my own eyes!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bryan...

I love volleyball! But I had to give it up becauase it was too hard on my body.

Now, I just MX!

I hope to play VB again when I get older though!

Dave S

[This message has been edited by Dave S (edited 06-06-2001).]

Bryan, Not much VolleyBall action here in Ga.,except in 96, for the Olympics.I guess Red Clay is not so condusive for the sport & not much sand except on the coastal areas. But, Softball is booming, Golf is big - hurts my back worse than Jumping Thumpers.

2man volleyball is cool to watch. How do you guys run so quick in deep sand & how do you keep it out of your eyes & mouth? Looks like a lot of work.......

Bryan, stop make excusses why you suck at riding and keep your volleyball questions off of this site. If you keep it up I'll tell your volleyball wimps that your ride a dirt bike!

I played some for the club team in college. Most of my game was pretty good (I was their best middle blocker) but my passing has always needed work.

I've only played a few times in the last 6 years. I went from a 40" vertical jump to what is probably 6" by now. ?

I've never cared for doubles.