motorcycle trivia

No the harley owners group didnt come to years later, it was the little pig mascot backin the early days. p.s. take care of that old TM :thumbsup:

Good Three in a row.

Still two unanswered questions, 1st one, how many bones did evel break at ceasars jumping the fountain???? 2nd on one of the crustys bubba rides a blue mini bike chopper, what was special about his helment????

New question???? Back in the early days how did the laughing Indian come about???? :thumbsup:

Didn't Evel knievel break every bone in his body from that fall? I remember seeing the video,horrible crash.

What make and model bike was he riding in Vegas?

He did not break every bone in his body at that wreck. I'm sure he was on an XR750.

I'll say 32 bones broken.

If what little memory i have serves me well, he broke every bone in his body. When you jump a bike made for mile oval racing with no rear and not much front suspension, the odds are against you, some one later wrote a book on evel, he didnt like some-things said and took a baseball bat to the guy and broke his arms (cruel old sob). New question the 70 yamaha dt-1 has something different about the shift shaft, what is it????? Question before- The Indian motor co had a laughing indian logo, how did it evolve????? :thumbsup:

Wrong, he was not on a XR750, he was riding a Triumph 650 tt Special.

O.K. all i remember was he looked like a rag doll, but he did use a nother bike as well as the harley.

The answer to the Bubba ? was a headlamp.

Two unanswered ??s 1. Indian motor co.s laughing indian logo, how did it evolve?

2.yamaha 1970 dt 1 250 had a unique shift shaft what made it different?

New question ?? The fonz on happy days rode what kind of bike???

New question ?? honda passport c70s had what feature that other small hondas didnt, what was it?? :thumbsup:

New question ?? honda passport c70s had what feature that other small hondas didnt, what was it?? :devil:

I believe the answer to this one is it had pedals.

yamaha 1970 dt 1 250 had a unique shift shaft what made it different?

I will take a stab at this as being right hand shift. :thumbsup:

New question ?? honda passport c70s had what feature that other small hondas didnt, what was it??

e start

yamaha 1970 dt 1 250 had a unique shift shaft what made it different?

could shift on either side.

The fonz on happy days rode what kind of bike???

thsi depends ont he episode.there was a triumph (t100 i think) and a harley knuckle head.

motofonz1.jpg

You should not have showed me the knuck ! Its the coolest..

Now im ready to build, E-start Honda was leaps and bounds ahead in the game even in the early 80s, all i ever did was pull on a rope on the little ones. And yes the old dt is wierd right side shift maybe for flat tracking. Yamaha tech early 70s ?????

New? what year did the euros bring over motocross???

New? Von Dutch was well known for his custom paint jobs, the first bike he striped with what kind of brush?

Laughing indian ? still unanswered. :thumbsup:

The fonz on happy days rode what kind of bike???

thsi depends ont he episode.there was a triumph (t100 i think) and a harley knuckle head.

motofonz1.jpg

Actaully he only rode the Triumph, a Tiger if I remember it correctly, a few times. He was not a rider and crashed off camera almost every time he rode. I don't recall him ever really riding the Knuckle. I think that was just a standing prop.

New? Von Dutch was well known for his custom paint jobs, the first bike he striped with what kind of brush?

The clean answer or the dirty answer :thumbsup:

I don't think so. Not according to what's posted at his retirement in 1981 either:

1981 Knievel retires from stunt work after 35 broken bones, 14 surgeries, one coma, countless crashes and one failed crack at Snake River Canyon.

Seems of which we will have to ask Mr. Know It All on this one. Hey Burned !!! What is really the answer to this

one? :thumbsup:

Unanswered ??? what year did the euros bring motocross over

Unanswered ??? what brush did Von Dutch use to stripe 1st motorcycle.

Unanswered ??? Luaghing indian question. :devil:

Unanswered ??? Luaghing indian question. :devil:

I have been wracking my brain over this one,I know I've read it but it just wont come to me :thumbsup:

What was a 'MOTORDROME'? :thumbsup:

Wasnt that the banked wooden tracks in the old days....

:lol:I was gonna guess the place where the movie "Rollerball" took place!!

That question was already answered. It was a race track made out of 2x4s and or 1x4s long before rollerball.

Latest?? what year the euros brought over motocross????

Latest?? what kind of brush did Von Dutch use to stripe first bike job??

Long unanswered the laughing indian ?? :thumbsup:

1 more new ---Tell me what bike brand bike Tom Cruise rode on top gun????

That question was already answered. It was a race track made out of 2x4s and or 1x4s long before rollerball.

Latest?? what year the euros brought over motocross????

Latest?? what kind of brush did Von Dutch use to stripe first bike job??

Long unanswered the laughing indian ?? :thumbsup:

1 more new ---Tell me what bike brand bike Tom Cruise rode on top gun????

I don't hang out in the Yammie forum much so I'm way behind, but...

1) EK broke 13 bones in Vegas while riding a Triumph.

2) Lawill is seen in the last scene of OAS riding an Aeromachi H-D SX350.

3) I believe Torsten Hallman and some of his buddies barnstormed the U.S. in '67.

So do YOU know who won the very first AMA-sanctioned professional MX race in the U.S.; and WHAT he was riding?

Well if i knew the answer to this question i possibly would have already asked it. No need to guess it could been any of a bunch of guys.

New ??? Kawasaki got in to motocross with its green streak in the late 60s, what year exactly was this, yamaha didnt build actual motocross bikes until what year, suzuki had the slow start to, honda was late as well. Years all first mx bikes built

O.K if indian question isnot answered by this eve. i will give in.

Tom Cruise ? still not answered

:thumbsup:

Well if i knew the answer to this question i possibly would have already asked it. No need to guess it could been any of a bunch of guys.

New ??? Kawasaki got in to motocross with its green streak in the late 60s, what year exactly was this, yamaha didnt build actual motocross bikes until what year, suzuki had the slow start to, honda was late as well. Years all first mx bikes built

O.K if indian question isnot answered by this eve. i will give in.

Tom Cruise ? still not answered

:thumbsup:

Dick Mann; on an Ossa.

Suzuki was actually the first Jap company to offer a purpose-built MX bike with the TM250MX Twin-piper in 1967; and they were only sold in certain parts of the country.

Other than one-off converted trail bikes & scramblers; Kaw's first purpose-built MXers were the F11M and F12 prototypes that were tested in late '71 and '72. They became the KX250 and KX450 respectively. Kaw even had the first monoshock design (ahead of Yamaha) adapted to an F11M in early '72, but never put it into production.

Honda's full-on CR came in '73, but prior to that modified CL160/CL175/SL125/CL-SL350s were converted for MX use.