HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cgun

2004 wr450f specs?

7 posts in this topic

I'm a bit confused by the new 2005 specs on the 450. Doesn't the 2004 and earlier model have a 6-speed tranny? It seems the weight hasn't gone down much either.

Can someone point me to some 2004 specs so I can do my own comparisons? What are your opinions?

Thanks,

Craig

Go the 05 wr on Y website. Go to spec's. Under the 2 pics on top it says " compare with other model." Click on 04 WR.

I have the '04 and it's a 5 speed. Can't help you with the '04 specs, but it looks like for '05 they lowered the bike a little and made the gas tank smaller. Unless your height impaired (no offense intended), get the '04.

My 03 WR450 is a 5 spd. I belive the 04 WR450 has the same. The 03 and 04 YZ450 are both 4 speeds.

Okay, I was mistaken about the 5-spd vs 6-spd thing :thumbsup:

The '05 talks about a new carb setup, but the specs page shows the same the '04 model. Any ideas? The new grab handle and front wheel collar would be nice.

All things considered I think I would rather have an '04 with the bigger tank, since we do a lot of long mountain trail riding and the extra .5 gallons would be nice. I'm a bit nervous about buying an '03 (local dealer has '03s and '04s) with the stator screw problems. Oh well, I guess it's time to put-up or shut-up.

Thanks for the replies.

P.S. Anybody in the market for an '84 IT490 with new Clarke tank? :devil:

I wouldn't hold back from an '05 because of the dinky gas tank...the '04s gas tank is too dinky too and has to replaced imo anyway. I'm seriously looking at the Husqvarna TEs though.

I wouldn't hold back from an '05 because of the dinky gas tank...the '04s gas tank is too dinky too and has to replaced imo anyway.

Ditto on that.