HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smegol

How do you carry extra fuel?

5 posts in this topic

Hey, once aain im in need of advice. Im planning on doing a ride in a few weeks called The 42nd Traverse. Basically its a long fast trail thats 46km each way in the Tongariro National Park, which descends 910m into a volcanic basin. So with a stock tank I can manage around 50km, which leaves another 40 to go. I was thinking I could strap a 4 litre juice bottle full of gas to the front of the number plate and carry a smaller bottle in my back pack (don't like that idea very much). So how do you guys carry your extra gas? Also will the 960m elevation drop (~3000ft) have much of an effect on the way the bike runs?

Acerbis Number plate Fuel tank. Mounts on front of triple clamps. Two sizes. 1.2 gallons and 1.8 gallons I belive. Or carry fuel on your waist. 1 gallon Prestone anti-frezze plastic bottles work. Just tape bottoms up 5 inches with duc tape to ward off thorns. Pour as soon as possible.

Stephen

y not get a desert take so that you can go further before needing to refuel?

I'd love to have another tank if I had enough cash but because I usually ride MX, or short trails under 50km, I don't see the need to spend $600 on a desert tank besides all money is being saved to go towards a new 250F.

I just use 20oz pop bottles and then duct tape them around my front fender. Never had a problem except for one time when we didn't put enough duct tape and we lost it.