Starting a 426....for us short guys

Picked up the new 426 last weekend. The dealer was amusing trying to start the beast without following the "drill". I`ll bet he is still limping on that sore foot !!

Anyways, having owned old BSA B50MX for about 30 years now the 426 starting drill is natural.

Only problem is that I am only about 5'6" in height. The 426 is damm tall. Using the old milk crate to stand on when starting trick is working well. But strapping a crate onto the rear fender just isnt gonna work.

How do you guys balance and start ?????

Sometimes I push my bike, jump on, whip out the kickstart with my toe and fire her up, I've done it lot's, it works pretty good. I can start my bike 1 kick 99% of the time, so the other thing that works for me is just letting the kick start return half or so, instead of a full stroke. I find it a lot easier to balance when I don't let the kickstart all the way up. I'm hoping the 450 will be a little lower, if not I'm gonna try trimming the foam on the seat.

You could also buy a kickstand and put it down when starting. It would have to be a sturdy one. The ProMotoBillet one looks nice and hides away nicely. Just an idea. Im 5'7" and I just gave the seat a little shave. If you trail ride/single track alot then it helps a bunch.

Originally posted by CJ_Baran:

You could put these on the soles of your riding boots to help give you a boost!

mold8.jpg

These would look great on a pair of Tech 8's!! ?

Yeah , that will work great as long as Gene Simmons don't mind you borrowing his boots.