Changed my mind

Well I rode the 04 crf450 and was not to impressed, I was very very cramped I am going to get a new yamaha , I also did not realize how much I like the 4 speed until now! :thumbsup:

yeah i had rode a friends cr 450 a few times and loved it...went to buy one and they happened to have a sale on the yzf. 5300 otd vs. 76 otd crf.....glad i did now too. i enjoy the bike more than the crf...

$7600 for a CRF?? :thumbsup::devil:

$7600 for a CRF?? :thumbsup::devil:

Yea, that's why I bought my YZF in 2002.

$7,800 OTD for the CRF and $6,100 for the YZF.

I've ridden a friend's CRF and it's really nice. Based on the type of riding I do though (desert) my next bike will be a WR.

Well I rode the 04 crf450 and was not to impressed, I was very very cramped I am going to get a new yamaha , I also did not realize how much I like the 4 speed until now! :devil:

Jason I had the same reaction when I rode the 04CRF. Altough I could ride it longer w/o getting as tired I missed the 4 speed big time - there is NO NEED for a 5 speed on these bikes regardless what I read on this forum if you ride MX only - which is what the bike is made for! I just can not decide if I want a 05 or wait for a 06 YZF - that suspension change to twin cartridge sure looks sweet! I wonder if waiting for a while for the 05 and the price drop may be close to 5k like the 04's are going for in this area. :thumbsup:

I covinced my self into the 05, I think the changes will be great, I have no problem with the steel frame. But on the flip side I will probaly get the 06 too as long as I can swing it. The only thing I liked about the crf is that it did turn better, and with the new suspension the Yamaha will have might be the key if not I have a few things I can try such as a different offset on the triple clamps and the storm linkage! :D:thumbsup::awww::lol::devil: