Off Subject - Lance Armstrong not an athlete??

Some info on Lance:

1) He gets paid ~ $15 million/year from USPS and his sponsors.

2) His resting heart rate is 32 bpm.

3) His VO2 Max (measure of aerobic ability/max oxygen uptake) is 85 milliliters/kg of body weight, the average person is ~ 40.

4) Lance's heart is ~ 1/3 larger than the average person.

5) He probably trains harder than any other cyclist in the world.

6) Winning the tour is not as hard as the things he had to go through to defeat cancer.

Many consider the Tour de France as the hardest sporting event in the world.

I tried to ignore Ron's article...but reading this post just fired me up again. Let me quote Ron...

"For my money, being the greatest athlete in the world involves strength, speed, agility, hand-eye coordination, mental toughness and the ability to make your body do things that defy description. Chief among them is not pumping your legs up and down while your feet are strapped to bicycle pedals."

Of the attributes this moron listed...which one is not required to race a bicycle? They all apply! You need stength to climb and accelerate, speed to ride fast, agility to race down hill at high speeds, hand-eye coordination to ride in a pack of 175 riders, mental toughness...duh...do I need to go on. He mentioned Marion Jones as an athlete...but not Lance. How does runing 100M in a straight line constitute hand-eye coordination.

Being a bicycle racer, I have very little respect for people that do not appreciate sports other than the mainstream...baseball, basketball and football.

I do not think he has ever taken a turn at 40mph elbow to elbow with 175 riders. Maybe he is just pissed off that baseball has 1,000 people in the stands and the Tour de France has over 1 million people lining the streets of a single stage to watch non-athletes pump thier legs up and down in a non-competitive sport.

What an a-hole! :D:):D

ANYONE who can ride over 2000 miles in two weeks (or a lifetime) is an athlete to me! I don't even like to drive 2000 miles per month!

Originally posted by magzx12r:

Some info on Lance:

1) He gets paid ~ $15 million/year from USPS and his sponsors.

2) His resting heart rate is 32 bpm.

3) His VO2 Max (measure of aerobic ability/max oxygen uptake) is 85 milliliters/kg of body weight, the average person is ~ 40.

4) Lance's heart is ~ 1/3 larger than the average person.

5) He probably trains harder than any other cyclist in the world.

6) Winning the tour is not as hard as the things he had to go through to defeat cancer.

Many consider the Tour de France as the hardest sporting event in the world.

You forgot one other important one: According to ESPN.COM "...Lance rides motocross bikes with singer Lyle Lovett in the offseason..."

That puts him over the top for me.

[ July 29, 2002: Message edited by: mikeolichney ]

My first instinct after reading the sewage that terd put on paper was inflict pain on that jackass. I dont mean hitting or striking him, I mean tieing that jackass to the back of my motorcycle and making him run about 2 miles. I know he cant, Id just like to watch him drag for a while and then get out there and yell at him like the looser he is.

What would be truley satisfying, would be to walk up, poke that jerk in the nose, and walk away without saying a word. Do it on a golf course or something, completely out of the blue. Let him wonder what the hell he did. Problem is, he's so stupid, he'd never figure it out.

Here is a better question: Who in the hell would hire an "A"hole like that in the first place.

Must

Support

Nationalized

Bisexual

Communisim