HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paoutdoorsman

How fast is a TT-R 125L

10 posts in this topic

I know this is the wr forum, but I'm sure some of you guys have experience with this great little bike as well. Anyone know what speed a TT-R 125L will run?

Cyclenut51 mentioned he geared his up a couple of teeth and it will go about 60mph. I think it was in the dualsport forum.

Actually, the bike is really slow. Sometimes when I'm trying to go fast on it I catch myself jerking all my weight forward a million times over to try and help build momentum. This is what I used to do with my gocart because that was really slow too.

I know this is the wr forum, but I'm sure some of you guys have experience with this great little bike as well. Anyone know what speed a TT-R 125L will run?

Up hill or down hill?

My wife has one. It feels like the TTR-125L hits approx. 45 MPH.

Faster than sitting on the couch, slower than the 400/426/450's that this forum is usually for.

And don't forget to cut the gray wire, pull the plug and airbox lid and cut the T-stop. :devil:

:thumbsup:

Faster than sitting on the couch, slower than the 400/426/450's that this forum is usually for.

And don't forget to cut the gray wire, pull the plug and airbox lid and cut the T-stop. :thumbsup:

:devil:

Hmmmmmm, what an ASS! :awww:

On a flat, smooth-as-pavement dry lake bed at Johnson Valley OHV area in California, my wife's stock TT-R 125L did 55-58 wide-open according to the speedometer on my xl600r pacing it. Of course, I don't know how calibrated my xl600r speedo is but I know it is pretty close. Hope that helps.

I'm running 16/53 gearing with taller than stock Bridgestone BT45 (street) tires. The best I've seen is 65 MPH, likely with a 'favorable' wind. 60 to 63 MPH is probably fair with this setup. That's WFO too.

Keep in mind that stock gearing is 13/54. I also have the airbox modded, BBR air filter, 200X carb, BBR exhaust and Hotcam. The speed was measured using a Vetta bicycle computer, with the exact wheel circumference entered. It's supposed to be accurate within 1/10 (?) MPH. It's dual sported now, so I may even try a 50 or 49 tooth rear sprocket. It revs out fine, just a little more lazily than before.