How fast is a TT-R 125L

I know this is the wr forum, but I'm sure some of you guys have experience with this great little bike as well. Anyone know what speed a TT-R 125L will run?

Cyclenut51 mentioned he geared his up a couple of teeth and it will go about 60mph. I think it was in the dualsport forum.

Actually, the bike is really slow. Sometimes when I'm trying to go fast on it I catch myself jerking all my weight forward a million times over to try and help build momentum. This is what I used to do with my gocart because that was really slow too.

I know this is the wr forum, but I'm sure some of you guys have experience with this great little bike as well. Anyone know what speed a TT-R 125L will run?

Up hill or down hill?

My wife has one. It feels like the TTR-125L hits approx. 45 MPH.

Faster than sitting on the couch, slower than the 400/426/450's that this forum is usually for.

And don't forget to cut the gray wire, pull the plug and airbox lid and cut the T-stop. :devil:

:thumbsup:

Faster than sitting on the couch, slower than the 400/426/450's that this forum is usually for.

And don't forget to cut the gray wire, pull the plug and airbox lid and cut the T-stop. :thumbsup:

:devil:

Hmmmmmm, what an ASS! :awww:

The TTR will go just as fast as my WR450.....

Down a mineshaft, that is!! :thumbsup:

On a flat, smooth-as-pavement dry lake bed at Johnson Valley OHV area in California, my wife's stock TT-R 125L did 55-58 wide-open according to the speedometer on my xl600r pacing it. Of course, I don't know how calibrated my xl600r speedo is but I know it is pretty close. Hope that helps.

I'm running 16/53 gearing with taller than stock Bridgestone BT45 (street) tires. The best I've seen is 65 MPH, likely with a 'favorable' wind. 60 to 63 MPH is probably fair with this setup. That's WFO too.

Keep in mind that stock gearing is 13/54. I also have the airbox modded, BBR air filter, 200X carb, BBR exhaust and Hotcam. The speed was measured using a Vetta bicycle computer, with the exact wheel circumference entered. It's supposed to be accurate within 1/10 (?) MPH. It's dual sported now, so I may even try a 50 or 49 tooth rear sprocket. It revs out fine, just a little more lazily than before.