HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Siers55

Broken Frame Weld ??

3 posts in this topic

I was at a race last night and I broke a weld on the frame. It is just below the tank where the sub-frame mounts to the frame. A guy at the track told me that was the third one of those he had seen. Has anybody else had this happen? I checked the post and did not see any post.

Do a search for cracked frames there has been a problem with YZF frames cracking by the steering stem but I have never heard of them braking there. You can buy a used frame off of ebay for about the same cost of getting the frame fixed. Good luck Oh by the way I had to replace my 99 frame due to cracking at the steering stem. I am usning a 01 frame now.

The weld is pretty small. I will check e-bay. I had planned to simply have it welded.