Valveing your shock&forks

HI GUYS :thumbsup:is valveing your own xr650r suspention hard :thinking:what valveing kits are the best to use :excuseme:do they come with instructions&guidelines on setup :thinking:any tech info much appreciated :thumbsup:

:cheers:Damo

don't mess with it ... send it to a professional, Rob Barnum has the hot set up for you. :thumbsup:

Just in case you want to learn how to do this yourself, gain understanding, and save money, become a member of the xr650r yahoo groups and look in the files section. There you'll find a couple different documents on how to do this yourself.

You'll also find information on it at xr650r.net and at the Pig Pen (xr650r.us).

I found the info a while back and just gathered the stuff to complete the job with. If you've ever done racetech valves you've reshimmed on the same basic principle. There are a couple specialty tools needed that you can make yourself/find ways around. I made my own when I did my 4hunny. Like caruretors, it's a bit scary until you get into it and understand it. After that it's no big.

This will be my first shot at doing a stock stack reshim myself. If it's not up to my expectations I'll probably give a shop a call, most likely Precision Concepts. Any shop familiar with the BRP can handle things fine I'm sure.

L8r-- :thumbsup:

Doing the work yourself is not hard if you can turn a wrench and fallow instructios but, you need to know the shim stack you want and why it works the way it does so, if you don't like it you can change it.

http://www.xr650r.us/forks/

I have a stiffer shim setup for balls to the walls riding also but, didn't put those shim stcks in there. Eric helped me make it readable and put it on his site. The rough version is still in the file section of the yahoo XR650R Group. I didn't put how to put it back together.

Hey BWB63, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

HI GUYS :thumbsup:is valveing your own xr650r suspention hard :thinking:what valveing kits are the best to use :excuseme:do they come with instructions&guidelines on setup :thinking:any tech info much appreciated :thumbsup:

:cheers:Damo

Obviously several options have been handed to you... I had PRECISION CONCEPTS (Bob) in El Cajon take care of me... He did AWESOME work and my forks work better than ever. It was honestly less than a 2 day turnaround. I have yet to do my rear shock valving, as I moved up to a 10.5 spring and it took care of most my woes.

I didn't take anything to Barnums as they're not conveniently located for me... so I don't know Rob's work.

Good luck