HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redrider77

Are you a lugger or a revver?

21 posts in this topic

I'm a lugger, but with a rocket like my bike, it don't matter because your going for a ride! :thumbsup::devil::awww:

I'm a lugger when the foam is under my chain slider. When it all is ripped off, then I cant stand that horrible chain slap.

That depends on the type of ride I happen to be on. In the desert and wide open spaces I'm a revver. In the woods and tight spaces I'm a lugger. When we're riding the slick rock trails in Moab, I'm definitely a lugger!! :devil::thumbsup:

That depends on the type of ride I happen to be on. In the desert and wide open spaces I'm a revver. In the woods and tight spaces I'm a lugger. When we're riding the slick rock trails in Moab, I'm definitely a lugger!! :devil::thumbsup:

Exactly.

Absolutely a lugger. I installed a 2 tooth larger rear sprocket for handling technical stuff w/ less clutching. That made the pull/ torque at low end on this bike unrelenting. My preference is the woods but on the track, I enter hair pins in third and lug it around and exit with a throttle twist that rockets me out of the turn like a sling shot. No down shift. Awesome :thumbsup:

Are you a lugger or a revver? Pros and cons of each riding style?

Yes.

That depends on the type of ride I happen to be on. In the desert and wide open spaces I'm a revver. In the woods and tight spaces I'm a lugger. When we're riding the slick rock trails in Moab, I'm definitely a lugger!! :thumbsup::devil:

Exactly.

I wouldn't know about slick rock trails in Moab, but I agree as well, all depends on what sort of riding im doing :awww:

Curious.....does it harm these engines any to lug 'em real low a fair bit of the time?

I like using the bottom end a lot and it gets me outta trouble quite a few times.

Jay

Curious.....does it harm these engines any to lug 'em real low a fair bit of the time?

I don't think it will hurt them at all although I think fuel mileage may suffer. My bro-in-law and I both have WR450's, jetted the same, and he lugs WAY more than I do and is always hitting reserve before me. :thumbsup:

Both! :thumbsup: The torque on these bikes is awesome for those technical knarly uphills. And the top end is simply amazing!!! :devil:

:cheers:Lowedog

terrain dependant.

but mostly a revver.....lugging just sounds like the bike doesn't like it...

I am a compassionate lugger and a wannabe revver. :thumbsup: The problem is there are only a few places I can go to where I can ride at top speed all the time.

Definately a revver. Grew up on 2 smokes and got it in my blood. If its not revved I think somethings wrong :thumbsup:

Definately a revver. Grew up on 2 smokes and got it in my blood. If its not revved I think somethings wrong :thumbsup:

I feel the same way, I want that motor singing. Of course it really depends on the terrain as many have said.

That depends on the type of ride I happen to be on. In the desert and wide open spaces I'm a revver. In the woods and tight spaces I'm a lugger.

Hmmmm... I rev in the mountains and lug in the desert... except up a hill climb of course. :thumbsup:

Hoss

I lug everywhere. I short shift and rarely rev the bike. Even in deep sand I raise my lug level to the mid range reving. I never hit the rev limiter! I think the engine lasts longer and you definetly crash less. If I rode a 250 I would have to say I would be a rever. I prefer the WR cam in the WR450. Great bottom end grunt! I also prefer the Power now for stronger bottom end throttle response and power. :thumbsup: