Are you a lugger or a revver?

Are you a lugger or a revver? Pros and cons of each riding style?

I'm a lugger, but with a rocket like my bike, it don't matter because your going for a ride! :thumbsup::devil::awww:

I'm a lugger when the foam is under my chain slider. When it all is ripped off, then I cant stand that horrible chain slap.

That depends on the type of ride I happen to be on. In the desert and wide open spaces I'm a revver. In the woods and tight spaces I'm a lugger. When we're riding the slick rock trails in Moab, I'm definitely a lugger!! :devil::thumbsup:

That depends on the type of ride I happen to be on. In the desert and wide open spaces I'm a revver. In the woods and tight spaces I'm a lugger. When we're riding the slick rock trails in Moab, I'm definitely a lugger!! :devil::thumbsup:

Exactly.

Absolutely a lugger. I installed a 2 tooth larger rear sprocket for handling technical stuff w/ less clutching. That made the pull/ torque at low end on this bike unrelenting. My preference is the woods but on the track, I enter hair pins in third and lug it around and exit with a throttle twist that rockets me out of the turn like a sling shot. No down shift. Awesome :thumbsup:

Are you a lugger or a revver? Pros and cons of each riding style?

Yes.

That depends on the type of ride I happen to be on. In the desert and wide open spaces I'm a revver. In the woods and tight spaces I'm a lugger. When we're riding the slick rock trails in Moab, I'm definitely a lugger!! :thumbsup::devil:

Exactly.

I wouldn't know about slick rock trails in Moab, but I agree as well, all depends on what sort of riding im doing :awww:

Curious.....does it harm these engines any to lug 'em real low a fair bit of the time?

I like using the bottom end a lot and it gets me outta trouble quite a few times.

Jay

Curious.....does it harm these engines any to lug 'em real low a fair bit of the time?

I don't think it will hurt them at all although I think fuel mileage may suffer. My bro-in-law and I both have WR450's, jetted the same, and he lugs WAY more than I do and is always hitting reserve before me. :thumbsup:

Revver!

I like the compression braking.

Hoss

Both! :thumbsup: The torque on these bikes is awesome for those technical knarly uphills. And the top end is simply amazing!!! :devil:

:cheers:Lowedog

On the trail I lug but on an mx track I rev it. Compression braking is a big plus, specially on slippery downhill. :thumbsup:

terrain dependant.

but mostly a revver.....lugging just sounds like the bike doesn't like it...

yes, and that's part of what makes wr's so much fun.

I am a compassionate lugger and a wannabe revver. :thumbsup: The problem is there are only a few places I can go to where I can ride at top speed all the time.

Definately a revver. Grew up on 2 smokes and got it in my blood. If its not revved I think somethings wrong :thumbsup:

Definately a revver. Grew up on 2 smokes and got it in my blood. If its not revved I think somethings wrong :thumbsup:

I feel the same way, I want that motor singing. Of course it really depends on the terrain as many have said.

That depends on the type of ride I happen to be on. In the desert and wide open spaces I'm a revver. In the woods and tight spaces I'm a lugger.

Hmmmm... I rev in the mountains and lug in the desert... except up a hill climb of course. :thumbsup:

Hoss

I lug everywhere. I short shift and rarely rev the bike. Even in deep sand I raise my lug level to the mid range reving. I never hit the rev limiter! I think the engine lasts longer and you definetly crash less. If I rode a 250 I would have to say I would be a rever. I prefer the WR cam in the WR450. Great bottom end grunt! I also prefer the Power now for stronger bottom end throttle response and power. :thumbsup: