Starting the WR

In this month's issue of Dirtbike, there's a great article of starting the WR by Ron Lawson in the "From the Saddle" section. Its pretty funny and sadly accurate.

Harold

Harold,

Is your bike starting yet...consistantly that is? :)

------------------

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC, and I use MOBIL 1 Oil, with ZERO problems.

Kevin-

Well I thought my bike was starting well. No problems starting if I just cut off the engine. But if I drop the bike or stall in a weird way. I still get some problems. Short of trying new electronics, I've had most of the stuff checked out (its been a while). I also tried James Dean suggestion on only going 3/4 out on the pilot screw.

This weekend at one point I couldn't get it started. I finally gassed it (yes I thought "Never touch that throttle") and it started right up. Thats what made that Dirt Bike article so funny.

You riding much or just causing trouble?

Harold

[This message has been edited by Harold in So Cal (edited 06-05-2001).]

Harold,

I am laid up after knee surgery. There is a mini eastern Moab coming up next week in PA. I will be riding, although don't know how intensley, depends on my knee.

I have done basically zero riding this entire year!

------------------

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC, and I use MOBIL 1 Oil, with ZERO problems.