Awesome fairing for XR650R

that is perhaps the ugliest thing ive ever seen :thumbsup:

no-

but i can say the folks here are worth considering...

http://www.simpson-detour.co.uk/supercomp.html

I just ordered the black Super Comp model

Cheaper than the others, comes with dual halogens, and its good ol black abs.

As they say with airplanes, "beauty is as beauty does". If it works it's beautiful.

Looks ok by me, what is going on with that skid plate though?

what is going on with that skid plate though?

Paris-Dakar model: with watertank and gearbag

It looks like a bunch of fenders chopped up. The windscreen is a rear fender cut down.. :thumbsup:. I've definitely seen some nicer ones.

I just know of the manufactuer:

http://www.monnier.ch

Now that's some fuel tanks..

dakar_reservoirs_xr650_w.jpg

dakar_reservoirs_xr650_2_w.jpg

Skidplate/water carrier and low front fender

dakar_reservoir_eau_xr650_w.jpg

is that red fairing really for the 650r? i thought they were just selling a model for the 600r... if it's for the 650r that would be a sano fairing if you were building a big trip bike.

also, i wonder if that subframe is for the 650r... it looks like a subframe for one of the smaller xrs like the 600 or 400. again, that subframe would be good since it looks like it's made out of steel and would be ideal for building a motoadventure bike since you could actually carry cargo with a steel subframe...

I think that particular subfrmae is meant for lightweight as on a Dakar race bike.. not for long distance travel with paniers that are stuffed to maximum.

yeah, true. i was thinking in terms of anything would be better than the oem alu if you were building up a 650r for big trips. but really, you need to go bigger. something really beefy, made out of steel, with mounts, etc.

i want to turn my 650 into a big trip machine. i'm starting to get the itch again.

That would turn the BRP into an awesome adventure tourer. I wonder how much that kit costs?

Do you have any pictures?

I just ordered one for my KLR and am wondering how your installation went?

Damn that's ugly. Looks like a spider with a rear fender for a forehead.

An arduous adventure just to look at.

A fairing? How 'bout a rack with a set of replacement tires. You'll need them by the time you run a tank of gas through that thing.

That would turn the BRP into an awesome adventure tourer. I wonder how much that kit costs?

$2600 +- shipped to the states. comes with lights, bracket, fairing.

More money than I wanted to spend..That's why I fabed my own

P3090089.sized.jpg

kiz_zm071_1.jpg

"Take me to your leader!"

Lol---OK, aesthetically, it is disturbing. But I bet it's nice on an actual adventure ride where function is King. :thumbsup:

that is perhaps the ugliest thing ive ever seen :thumbsup:

I second that motion!!!:thumbsup:

MikeKay,

How much for the Simpson "supercomp" fairing to your door? Very nice with great lighting.