HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlyGi

Best place to live in Colorado for riding?

6 posts in this topic

I'm considering moving to Colorado shortly. I need to find a place to live that has decent riding nearby. I know riding from home will be tough to find, but I want to be reasonably close (1hr) from good riding areas and possibly local tracks.

I need to find a place somewhere along the range between Golden and Fort Collins. This way I'll be close enough to work (Westminster).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Why not live in Westminster? Then you would be close to work and there are lots of places to trail ride and several mx tracks within an hour.

KC

I am a transplant from CA. You really can't go wrong moving anywhere in CO. If your job is in Westminister...I would move there. It is a really nice area. There are many tracks in the area. The fires have made some of the trails closed this season.

I live in Boulder which is pretty close to Westminster. Here is a list of tracks within an hour:

Berthoud

Milliken

Erie

Watkins (Maybe a little more than an hour)

More than an hour away:

Aztec (Colorado Springs)

Wild Rat (Co Springs)

Sweney Cycle Park (Brush, CO)

Yampa Valley (Craig,CO)

look at www.rmxa.com and www.srac.org and look at the various track locations then pick a place to live.

[ July 25, 2002: Message edited by: Hokie ]

Hokie,

I'm in CO now starting to look for a house. Westminster is nice. Don't know any riders, so when I get here maybe we could hook up?

Thanks for the track info.

FlyGi

Originally posted by FlyGi:

Hokie,

I'm in CO now starting to look for a house. Westminster is nice. Don't know any riders, so when I get here maybe we could hook up?

Thanks for the track info.

FlyGi

Sounds good, have to be in Nov or later for some riding since I just had my shoulder operated on last Fri.

We can get beers before that though. :)