HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whippina426

timing plug

3 posts in this topic

(01 426) has anyone had their timing plug fall out. It felt like exhaust on my left leg and there was oil all over my boot. I think i caught it early so i dont think a lot of dirt got in. Could i have hurt the cdi? What if some moisture got in. Whats my next step.

just get new plug.i doubt any dirt went in motor.since you felt air and oil blowing out of hole crankcase pressure would of kept dust or dirt from entering hole.it still wouldnt hurt to change oil.

It's never come loose on me but one other person did mention that it kept falling out on them too. I don't remember who said that though (it was in a rant somewhere). I have no idea why it would fall out, is the o-ring still springy and tight?

As for dirt, ditto what freestyle said. if it was coming out that fast then I doubt that anything got in. If you want to be super safe you can pop the cover off and see if you can find any sand in there and maybe flush it a bit, but it doesn't sound like anything had a chance to get in.