HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigBlueWR

Zip-Ty Hot Start Removal?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I'm trying to free up some space on the bars for my turn sig switch. So since I have the auto decomp cam, I'm thinking I don't need my remote hot start anymore....

I don't have the factory plunger mechanism, so can I just remove the Zip-Ty tube and air switch completely? Meaning that I would have one air hose that goes from the intake side of the carb into the hot start mechanism (it wouldn't have the "Y" that goes up to the bars/switch)?

Hope that makes sense :thumbsup:. I'll post a pic if needed.

Thanks for the help! :devil:

i think so, im not familiar with it, but it should work, ill swap ya my stock one if you want (99) hehe

I'd keep a hot start of some sort, IMO. I don't use mine very often but it's nice to have just in case. Maybe you can post a "swap" ad on the Parts Forum to get the stock plunger setup in exchange for your ZipTy setup.