HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flogger

Rear rim 400/426 interchange

4 posts in this topic

Gents,

I have a spare rear wheel for an 01 426 in the US. I have the 426 there. I have a 99 400 here in Mexico and have much more use for the wheel here if it will work. I hate to go to all the trouble to get it down here and it not fit. Do you guys know if it will change over?

Flog

The wheels are interchangeable, However the Brake rotors are NOT.... You must swap out the Rotor when changing out the wheel.

The 426 Rotor is about 1/2 inch wider in diameter.

Bonzai :thumbsup:

1/2" wider? &%$#@!? That disc is barely 1/4" thick to start with.

The 98-01 wheels will interchange. The 02 use a different hub and spokes for weight reduction. I believe the 00-01 supercede to the 02 hub now. Anyhow as long as you get the hub and spacers from the bike you should be fine.

For the rotor, the 98-01 rear is the same. The 02 is 5mm larger in diameter but runs fine on the earlier bikes with no other modifications.

Thanks for the info guys. I think when Yamkaze said wider he was refering to the diameter. But if the 5mm difference will still work then... Away we go!

Flog