HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
freestyle111

waterpump oil seals

9 posts in this topic

does anyone have the 2 oilseals that go between bearing and impeller on waterpump shaft handy. i need manufacture part #'s written on them.i dont feel like waiting 5 days for my yamaha dealer get them.its cheaper and easier to go bearing King i just need part # on seals.i took mine out set them on garage floor and my dog ate them.

Freestyle

Exlax for the dog :)

Serious, Go down to the orchard or ace or autostore. I bought from Napa a comlete seal kit has o rings from the size of my Pin head to the size of my Ego all ranges, I thinks I remember about 10 bucks

Sears may have them also

Geez sorry Freestyle thought you wer talking O rings Me bad

Sorry

[ July 20, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

thanks ego, but i got plenty on orings.now if you want to be useful go out to your garage,get out your monkeywrench & hammer and start taking sidecase off your motor.seals are between waterpump bearing and impeller.let me know when you have #'s.you better start soon its getting late and you might need to borrow your neighbor's crowbar. P.S.my dog thinks im crazy everytime he go out in backyard i follow right behind him with my nose plug and rubber gloves

[ July 20, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

Freestyle,

Here is a number off of the oil seal, actually there is several numbers printed on the Yamaha package. 93102-12321, K010419a, 500721.

Try them and see which one is the actual part #.

Sorry I don't have the outer seal #. These are #s off of a 98 YZ400. I'm assuming they are the same on newer models.

i need numbers on seal i dont want to buy them from yamaha. do you have your old seals?there should be 1 or 2 letters and 4 #'s stamped on flat part of seal

These are the #s printed on the inner seal:

B 35, SD 12 22 5, KS

I don't have the info for the outer seal.

Good luck

:D:D

Just taking a break from painting the house :D

The weather is awesome and I should be out riding today :)