HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YoungGunXR

New bars and now throttle sticks.

9 posts in this topic

I got new bars on the 650r and now the throttle doesn't snap back to closed like it used to. Why should I do to fix this? Thanks. By the way the bars are cr high bend if that helps.

Make sure the throttle assembly isn't pushed ALL the way on the bars. Leave a few mm's space so that the tube and bar end are't rubbing.

My guess is the grip is the problem, either you put too much glue on the end or the grip end on the inside is catching on the throttle assembly.

Well I havent put the new grips on yet so I guess the trottle tube is rubbing up against the end of the bar. One more thing, when you turn the bars side to side it makes it rev up. Which adjuster do I need to adjust to fix this. Thanks.

Make sure the throttle cables are routed well. Rotating the throttle assembly on the bars can improve the routing of the cables.

I got new bars on the 650r and now the throttle doesn't snap back to closed like it used to.

Make sure you don't overtighten the throttle tube/cable housing clamping screws, and also make sure you tighten them evenly. Check the gap on both sides and make sure the reveals are equal and that the screws aren't overtorqued.

Check the cable slack adjusters, too. If they are adjusted all the way out, turn them back in and that'll give you more cable slack.

Also, if there was a price tag or some sort of sticker on that side of the bar, make sure it's completely off. :thumbsup: