HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John_Lorenz

Motorcycle Trivia Buffs (Fun Thread)

21 posts in this topic

Unless answered corrctly by 12:00 Noon PST

I will post answers then and add the second Triva Questions

1: Name the First Motorcycle made.

2: What year and Brand had the first multi-Valve racer

Was the First Bike, Hildebrand and Wolfmuller I am pretty sure it was a steam engine I believe, Ill do some research.

Nope, didn't cheat, just remember watching a video about the history of bikes. Thinking back, I think maybe the first bike was French? Can't remember the brand though. Am I getting warm?

The first motorcycle made was built by Daimler in 1885. The first American bike was the Orient Aster around the turn of the century. The first multivalve was racer was the Indian 8 Valve board tracker around 1916-1919.

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: Bambislayer ]

The daimler bike doesnt count it was something some guy put toghther in his back yard made out of wood my answer is right.

Nope, I was closer the first time I think, DeDion was about 10 years after Daimler. 1912 Indian racer had 4 valves, don't know of anything earlier.

Alright I will admit I was wrong I got the question confused MY Answer was the FIRST PRODUCTION BIKE ever made :)

I do not thnk maybe I am wrong that the single was actually campaigned.

So I left that out, what is intresting though is that multi-valve technology was arounf in the 1900's

Hummm

makes ya think about how far the technology actually has come.

Concept is the same, just material has changed ?

Just did a search on Google, apparently there was a 1000cc V-Twin 8 valve Indian board tracker in 1912 also, Chris.

makes ya think about how far the technology actually has come.

The owner of my local MX shop used to be involved with classic road racing (G50's and the like). My YZF tuning exploits always make him laugh, using modern materials they are now getting over 60hp from 500cc singles with 50 year old designs! :)

John

Thats the point I wanted to make. The engine technology is still the same after 100 years, the concept is the same, nothig has changed for the combustable motor.

What has changed is the technology in metal, design and material.