What motor oil? 10/30 , 10/40 ? no owners manual

Hey Ya'll what weight of oil do these bad boys take? Just got the bike and have no owners manual, also, my local shop is a blast to call, never know when the guys guessing just so he don't have to look it up. Also any tricks to changing oil? drained the tank and motor, changed the filter, need to run it briefly to dbl. check full? How much does it hold? And yes, I do have a manual ordered so I can stop asking these stupid questions. Thanks in advance, Rick Modlin.

I would run any good 10/40 oil in it. Do a search under "motor oil" and it should come up with more info than you ever wanted to know about 426 oil :thumbsup:

I use Mobil 1 15W50, red cap, and it seems to work great. My 450 uses a little over a quart. Start the bike, let it warm up, drain the oil in the frame and engine, change the filter, fill it up, start the bike and let it warm up again and then double check the oil level. I think I covered everything. :thumbsup:

The clutch doesnt slip w/ the synthetic? always heard that. and thanks.

No, I use Amsoil synthetic in my 426 and it doesn't slip. However, dont use syn. in the clutch side of a CRF motor, it doesn't work too well :thumbsup:

Is the clutch oil seperate from the engine?

Yes it is in a CRF motor but not in the Yamaha's

I use Mobil 1 15W50, red cap, and it seems to work great. My 450 uses a little over a quart. Start the bike, let it warm up, drain the oil in the frame and engine, change the filter, fill it up, start the bike and let it warm up again and then double check the oil level. I think I covered everything. :thumbsup:

This all you need to know.

cant remember where i found it, but i did a search for online manuals, and came up with a complete 450 manual, in pdf format, zipped file. i'd e-mail it to you, but its 22mb

philbert