annihilating rear tires like crazy

I have been running michelin rear tires now for the last 3 monthes. I normally run an m12 but the last time I ran an s12, big mistake. Im not sure why though, because I ride on soft terrain. the m12 holds up alright but the s12 peeled of in maybe 5 good rides. can anyone suggest a good tire for these monster yz450s? Thanks ?

Kenda Unadilla lasted forever ... i only changed it because it just didn't feel right running the same tire for so long ?. Dunlop 756 wears in 4 or 5 "good" track rides. I probably had a good 10 - 15 on my Kenda Unadilla (same tracks).

Go with Michelin Starcross hard compound. Plenty of traction (just roll the throttle) and lasts forever. I added 92db end cap, power now, disconnected TPS, and although it feels slower, bike is so smooth, power so linear and easy to ride, I can't bring myself to tune the "hit" back into it. Has significant impact on suspension and handling, as the bike doesn't want to twist on you, and rear does not compress and bounce so much out of the corners. Feels like the motor is electric. My buddy with Honda 450 swears he feels much faster on my Blue Bike.

Good luck.

when i first got my bike i put a bridgestone m26 on the rear

..it was gone in a months time but i liked the grip in the mud so i bought another..lasted about a month again..an so on ...6 bridgestone's later i tried the dunlop 739g for thumpers ..lasted all year..racing ,an play'en.. it didn't hook up as well(thats why i have a thumper to catch up an pass later if needed...lol) but for how long it lasted i'll give up a little traction