Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cortez450

450 Owner confused!

12 posts in this topic

I have a yz450f and can't figure out why the head pipe is turning really blue. Most of the pics I have seen of other 450's the pipe is a light brown. Am I running to hot? I have noticed that my plug is a little on the rich side. I am running at about 6500' here in Colorado. Main jet is a 165, and all the rest is stock. This bike has about 15hrs. on it. Can anyone help? :thumbsup:

Your headpipe is titanium. They turn blue after they get hot and rode. It's pretty cool looking! :thumbsup:

My daughter use to turn blue when she would throw a tantrum

She's not Ti :thumbsup:

I thnk she just ran hot :devil:

My daughter use to turn blue when she would throw a tantrum

She's not Ti :thumbsup:

I thnk she just ran hot :devil:

^^^^^^^^^^^

He's Crazy.....but he is probably on to something.

mine turns blue also. my brother and another buddy of mine just bought three 04 yzf 450, yet mine is much darker than the rest. there bike seem to be running a little rich too....or maybe i a little lean?

different qualities of the titanium will make every pipe turn a different shade of blue. there is really no way to judge from the color of the pipe, if the bike is too rich or too lean. unless of course its glowing red, then you may want to go up a size or two on the main jet.

Thanks for everybodies help..... I went on a weekend outing and the bike is running "Excellente'"!!!! Whata beast! :thumbsup: