HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gonzo

Missing o ring

7 posts in this topic

I was changing my oil yesterday and noticed that I lost the o ring that goes behind the hex bolt on the oil filter cover. What do you think? Is it ok to ride?

I went looking for a replacement and couldnt find one. Does anyone know the dimensions?

Check the local hardware store, else check the local dealer. Hopefully someone will have something the same size in stock. I would be $1 that without an o-ring you're going to have a leak, personally I wouldn't ride it.

I wouldn't chance it, like was said above you should be able to find one to get you by.

I think I was missing the O-ring to the left of that one for a an oil change or two and it did not leak..but then again it wasn't the one directly behind the bolt.

You may have a hard time finding that o-ring at your local hardware/automotive store.....try a hydraulic supply house locally.

like you, i lost an o-ring, i went to the biggest and best plumbing store around, they had a large selection of o-rings, i just guessed the size, and took like 5 sizes each way, to be sure. cost a buck, three of the ones i got would work fine.