Ok whats the loudest exhaust system for the xr 650 r?

my bike came with a supertrapp with 18 discs, I can't imagine a straight pipe being any louder, I've reduced the number of discs to 6 now.

Why Falcon, you trying to get places shut down? BTW-welcome to the forum.. :thumbsup:

Factory pipe without the spark arrestor :thumbsup:

if youre ghetto enough to want as LOUD as possible...just dont run a muffler...

My brother runs a Big Gun race and it's freakin" loud!!!!

If you want loud, just take off the muffler and attach to the header a big cone like those old wind up phonograph record players used to use for a speaker :thumbsup:

Your not to far off, the loudest pipe I have hurd yet is the XR's only megaphone with no disks on the back and then it would be White Brothers 'E' seiries without disks is loud as well, You still have enought safe back pressure and most of the power will be in the upper RPM. My R4 is not quite as loud as these when you take the spark arestor screen out but, I don't like the small high end RPM gain and the low torque loss so, I run the screen. The R4 is a straight through muffler can with no disks; just glass packed. The sound I like the best of all the BRP muffler cans; that have been through my place; are the White Brothers 'E' Seiries with twelve disks and no back plate. It makes a rough low growl and realy blows the drums out of the guy that is weaving, trying not to get nocked of his bike by the meteors that are in your roost :thumbsup:

stock can with no packing and the tip out does a really good job of sounding loud as a staright piped harley.

I know I've only done a few posts at TT, but I belong to others and have read a lot of posts, and written a good number as well.

This is the dumbest question I've ever seen.

Thanks for getting my forest shut down, that's just great.

loud bikes are lame.

my bike blows a 96 and i wish it were quieter.

What a bunch of dweabs. Just because someone asks what pipe is the loudest dosn't mean he is riding it in the forest or being part of closing anything down. What about Glamis or Dumont, Pismo? Loud bikes save lives there!!! Along with a good flag. Maybe he wants to stay away from the loudest muffler. What a bunch off save the world, tree hugging, Oh wait now I am being just like you guys :thumbsup:

What about Glamis or Dumont, Pismo? Loud bikes save lives there!!!

that's the same misconception harley riders use on the street. loud bikes do not save lives... anywhere, anytime. pismo, dumont, glamis... none of these places are an exception. they are all public land and subject to the same rules.

whether you're riding on private land, public land, mx, desert or dunes, the noise issue is a problem everywhere, nobody lives in a vaccum when it comes to noise.

my bike blows a 96 and i wish it were quieter.

What pipe are you running? I have the E-series w/12 discs....I think it will blow 96.

stock with the hrc tip.

i would like to save a little weight and run something lighter but haven't been impressed with the quiet pipes so far to date.

i'm leaning towards the white brothers E2...

Sorry for stepping on your parts......I like loud and don't care if you don't and your wrong about sound not saving lives I have seen it many times but, for those that like everything perfect and never ride at the edge I guess it wouldn't be an issue.

I ride with those that are always carefull and make sure noone is coming the other way around a corner but, I don't ride that way and I except that off road riding is dangerous and I am not looking to control others to make it safer for me. :thumbsup:

If you road the same place I do I think you would be glad my bike is a little louder then a wisper. Someday you guys that like it all perfect will win and all the trails will go one way, with speed limits and big $$$$ to ride those trails..........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :awww:

I will not conform! So sue me :devil: comunist

I have a friend who has the white brothers E2 and I have the FMF Ti-4 with the Powerbomb headers and I guarantee my exhaust is way lounder than his. And sounds a hell of a lot meaner. That was with the spark arrestors out of both our mufflers in Ocatillo. + FMF offers a spark arrestor system which takes 3 screws to pull out the race tip and put in the spark arrestor tip so it's just about as easy to switch as the White Bros E2. FYI the FMF manufacuter part # for the spark arrestor tip is FMF040176.

What about Glamis or Dumont, Pismo? Loud bikes save lives there!!!

that's the same misconception harley riders use on the street. loud bikes do not save lives... anywhere, anytime. pismo, dumont, glamis... none of these places are an exception. they are all public land and subject to the same rules.

whether you're riding on private land, public land, mx, desert or dunes, the noise issue is a problem everywhere, nobody lives in a vaccum when it comes to noise.

I hate loud pipes too... however I disagree. I think a 'louder than stock' pipe will save a life. As one comes by my on the freeway splitting lanes I'm more apt to hear him. Especially over my stereo (usually at full tilt). So a 'louder than stock' pipe is definitely safer in my book.... but a "loud as can be" pipe is just plain ridiculous and I'd rather shoot the guy than move out of his way.

Oh, and this is obviously calculated with my NASA calibrated inner polycarbonate lexan coated iridium based lead injected ear drum. :thumbsup:

i didn't think you were stepping on any parts bwb63, i just don't agree with you...

I like loud and don't care if you don't

that's too bad because you're going to see all your trails go away.

and your wrong about sound not saving lives I have seen it many times

you have not seen it many times. what you saw was somebody probably reacting in time and you associated sound levels with the avoidance. loud pipes do little to protect riders, whether on the street or on dirt. all they do is irritate other drivers and give all motorcyclists a bad name.

think about it this way... you would rather rely on a driver or other rider seeing you because of your pipe. really think about that... who are you putting all of the responsibility for your safety on? that's right, the other person.

how bout you ride like everything you encounter has the IQ of 0 and you have to react to them and not rely on them reacting to you? a lot of motorcyclists, on road and offroad think that it is everybody else's responsibility to SEE THEM. that's [@#$%&*!]. who is driving around in a vehicle encased in metal with air bags, and who is riding on two wheels, totally exposed, with minimal protective gear? now tell me again, you would rather rely on someone else to see you? not me. i ride like nobody can see me.

so that's why loud bikes make no difference. because they lull their riders into a false sense of security...meanwhile irritating the public into hating motorcyclists.

for those that like everything perfect and never ride at the edge I guess it wouldn't be an issue.

you're right there. i never ride near my envelope. but what's that got to do with loud bikes closing down public riding areas?

I except that off road riding is dangerous and I am not looking to control others to make it safer for me. :thumbsup:

i totally agree with you. but then why are you relying on your loud bike to "control others to make it safer for you."

and by the way, the old lady who built her house next to pismo beach could care less about what you think, she just doesn't want to hear your bike...

No, I have seen many riders stop when they heard a bike coming they could not see. The only reason trails close is because of liberal winers.