HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John_Lorenz

Air Screw Fell out - anyone figure out how to keep it from doing thats

13 posts in this topic

Well

For all the posts I have read on the Air Screw screw assembly falling out, it happend, dang one hour of ride and all I got was dusty.

So as I wait for the new parts to come in (Ordered two kits) I will be taking the carb apart to clean.

From there I am going to look at creating a rubber insert that will go up into the air screw hole, to keep it from backing out.

Unless someone has another method, I thought that wrapping a small piece of teflon would suffice.

Moral of the story, check your screw occasionally, ya dont want to ride with a screw loose :)

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

You shouldnt loose the screw. Although, Id say unless you spend a couple of decades in therapy, you'll always have a screw loose my friend :)

If you ordered the kits, I assumen it comes with the spring, washer and O-ring. I ended up going to a larger pilot and running the screw at 1 1/2, as opposed to running the screw at 2 or more with the smaller pilot. I was running a 42 (stock) pilot at 2 1/4 turns and found that it acted like it wanted more. I swapped the pilot and closed the screw to 1 1/2 and its crisper than it was with the 42 at 2 1/2 out and the screw doesn't fall out. Speaking of days of wasted riding, I went out on Friday afternoon ran 8 laps and loaded the circus up. Too freakin hot. Id go three and my tounge would be draggin.

Shawn

I am running a 45 with it at 1 1/2, I also wrapped a very thin piece of teflon tape around it to address vibration. But I guess me Vibrator was on High :)

23 freaking dollors, gad dang oem parts,I am looking for another supplier aka Circut or Rockymountain and yes its the whole assembly...

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

I haven't checked the part numbers yet, but on my '99 400 I can't take the fuel screw out unless I remove the float bowl first. Maybe there is a diffference in the float bowls.

Try Sudco at Sudco.com. Carb parts wherehouse, they've got everything. You might even be able to get one of them trick long ones with the t handle on it.

My local dealer,

I got two of them

Part # 3TJ-14105-40-000

I figure on two becouse some dim wad like me will be walking up and down the camp sites asking 426 owners if they have a spare.

Mine is for sale 50 bucks :D

I did check the sudco site, I was unable to determine if the parts I found were correct. I did not call should have though. I figure this is one area OEM rules so I stuck with it. Both Kits 53 bucks

Hey Shawn Got any more of that 10 buck Glue :)

[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

Ego why didn't you just order the Kouba t-handle with the screw spring and washer. I paid 40 bucks for two of them and still have one. when I got the screw it was backing itself in when I hit the gas to about 1.25 turns out and was staying there bike ran ok but I wanted a little more so I used a little blue loctite on the threads and now it is set in place at about 1.5 to 1.75 turns out. with stock jetting also. Bike is running good finally. I know i will catch he!! for the loctite but having the t-handle on their I can just take a small pair of needle nose and should be able to break it loose. Just my 2 cents Ego, Norman Kouba is great to work with though I talked to him on the phone and he sent them right out to me at work. Frank :)

Now have you ever told me this::

"do a search" if you haven't I know someone has, do a search on Koubalink, or Kouba, or T-handle fuel screw.

or the website is.....www.kouba.com

check it out!! Frank

my air screw fell out so I got a small spedometer cable and silverbrazed a T on one end and the screw on the other.Not only do I have a leash but also a remote adjuster. joel