HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electorn

How much sag?

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, new here, new 450 and a question already. How much sag should you run on the bike? It has about 6 hours on it at the moment, so I think everything should be settled in. I have set 100mm with me sat on the bike. When I measure the sag with the bike supporting its own weight it only sags about 10mm. Does this mean I should get a heavier spring or is this OK? It seems that I had to wind on quite a bit of preload. Any thoughts?

You should run a heavier spring. You can get the same sag without running as much preload. Were you in full gear when you did your measurements? If not, then run a heavier spring for sure.

Thanks for your input guys, I weigh 14 stones or 200 pounds in riding gear , and the measurements were taken with me wearing my gear. I haven't ridden the bike since adjusting the sag , I'll see how it feels on the weekend. I think a heavier spring may be the way forward though.