HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheViper

leftover bike from dealer

3 posts in this topic

i was wondering how much they would charge for a leftover 426 that didn't sell the year before at the dealers would cost? would they finance it?

Originally posted by TheViper:

i was wondering how much they would charge for a leftover 426 that didn't sell the year before at the dealers would cost? would they finance it?

I'm sure that would vary wildly among different dealers.

Almost exactly a year ago a friend of mine walked out the door with an '01 for $5,200, but from a notoriously cheap dealer (just saw an '02 400 SX for $6,000 there yesterday, had a WR 426 for $5,495 I think, they typically only add a few hundred bucks to that price, I've seen others, like NCY, try to add as much as eight). I paid like $5,500 forty miles away at about the same time (they added about three to the sales price).

Since the dealer isn't financing it, and the bike is new, it doesn't matter when you buy it. Most dealers have more than one financing company they use, that is who they are faxing your credit app. to. Bottom line is that when they sell the bike they get paid.

I bought my 02 YZ426 for $5200 a few months ago in Nevada. The prices will come down in a few weeks once the 03's come out. Just wait. Look at www.cycletrader.com and you'll find some new bikes pretty cheap from dealers.