I Need Monster 426 HP, Like Rediculous...

JYD maybe this will jog your memory:

Problem with '02 426 5th Gear Surging/Bucking

Looks like you have alot of work to do to get the bike performing in it's current form before you go trying to "hot rod" it.

My Turn! 02 426, pain to start, dies when i crack the gas off idle

Stalling Off Idle When Throttle Is Cracked Open

uhm, do you have too much time on your hands? or just enjoy being a prick? the bike wouldnt start because the plug was fouled because the bike sat for a while. it runs flawlessly after a new plug, and running some good fuel through it.

Looks like you have alot of work to do to get the bike performing in it's current form before you go trying to "hot rod" it.

uhm, do you have too much time on your hands? or just enjoy being a prick? the bike wouldnt start because the plug was fouled because the bike sat for a while. it runs flawlessly after a new plug, and running some good fuel through it.

Ya know Satch was trying to help, calling him a name is a great way to discredit your self (Take it form an Expert) ?

But he is right seems your all over the place. I say fix 5th gear first, you put 60 hp on a tranny thats bad, in the famous words of Scotty to Kirk

Hany mooore Powqer capt sheal bloow

Thanks for the offer "FFR" but I've also got access to one a little closer. It's just that I don't have time to do my own stuff. That said, maybe we can get together with my other Yami's and compare notes. I'm also trying to work something out with Ron (RHC) to do me a CRF 250 head for another SX project I've been working on. Thanks again. ?

I think he was trying to help there numb nuts.

I didn't realize you have all these problems with your bike. Do you honestly think you can build 60 HP out of a bike that doesn't run and a tranny that doesn't shift properly? Sounds like you need to fix the reliability problems you ahve now before you go looking for new ones.

You sound like a 12 year old kid talking about making his bicycle go faster ?

I think he was trying to help there numb nuts.

I didn't realize you have all these problems with your bike. Do you honestly think you can build 60 HP out of a bike that doesn't run and a tranny that doesn't shift properly? Sounds like you need to fix the reliability problems you ahve now before you go looking for new ones.

You sound like a 12 year old kid talking about making his bicycle go faster ?

like i said smart guy, the problems have been remedied, while i have the motor apart checking the transmission out, id like to get some big power out of it when i put it back together. whats so hard to understand about that?

I kinda know a guy who went to MMI in Pheonix and he told me that his 426 got 69 hp on a dyno down there. Thats about all I know, hes not one to lie about stuff but 69 is hard to beleive so I dont know what to think. I'll ask him what all he did to it if I see him around.

I wouldnt think very long. When I talked to him last he had just got done putting it back together again, he said something about putting bigger valves in it.

No turbo, I dont know what he did to it, but I also dont know abut the 69 hp he claimed.

I wouldnt think very long. When I talked to him last he had just got done putting it back together again, he said something about putting bigger valves in it.

No turbo, I dont know what he did to it, but I also dont know abut the 69 hp he claimed.

If it was using stock valves, for sure, that motor would be nowhere near 69hp, probably not 60 (surely not...) I would bet on not more than 58...and even that would take a pipe, cam, piston, porting, etc.

Of course I am talking out of my butt right now after a few rum n dit cokes with vanilla... :devil:?

If it was using stock valves, for sure, that motor would be nowhere near 69hp, probably not 60 (surely not...) I would bet on not more than 58...and even that would take a pipe, cam, piston, porting, etc.

Of course I am talking out of my butt right now after a few rum n dit cokes with vanilla... :devil:?

how bout when you get up.....talking to chris moore about getting me the title to this bike he promised me two months ago?

hmmm the methanol is sounding like a fantastic idea. wonder how id have to jet for that.

A Methanol engine uses about 1.6 times the volume of fuel that a comparable petrol engine does. To give you an idea, the standard YZF fuel tap requires modification to get the flow needed. Also, you have to be prepared to remove the tank after EVERY RIDE, pull the plug and CRC the bore. Mathanol is corrosive! Also carbs need to be drained and flushed with petrol as methanol turns to a jelly like substance if left to sit.

To give you a basic idea on a methanol conversion you need to:

drill the MJ & PJ (i doubt they make them as larege as you require)

drill the emulsion tube

modify the fuel tap

Manufacrure and Install a powerjet

With no other engine mods expect a considerable increace in torque. But of coarse methanols main advantage come from being about to run 14:1 compression reliably for the length of a race. I suggest u get an experienced methanol engine tuner to set it up. Methanol is not a forgiving fuel. A slight lean mixture will result in a melted piston.

hmmm the methanol is sounding like a fantastic idea. wonder how id have to jet for that.

A Methanol engine uses about 1.6 times the volume of fuel that a comparable petrol engine does. To give you an idea, the standard YZF fuel tap requires modification to get the flow needed. Also, you have to be prepared to remove the tank after EVERY RIDE, pull the plug and CRC the bore. Mathanol is corrosive! Also carbs need to be drained and flushed with petrol as methanol turns to a jelly like substance if left to sit.

To give you a basic idea on a methanol conversion you need to:

drill the MJ & PJ (i doubt they make them as larege as you require)

drill the emulsion tube

modify the fuel tap

Manufacrure and Install a powerjet

With no other engine mods expect a considerable increace in torque. But of coarse methanols main advantage come from being about to run 14:1 compression reliably for the length of a race. I suggest u get an experienced methanol engine tuner to set it up. Methanol is not a forgiving fuel. A slight lean mixture will result in a melted piston.

great info, thank you, ill have to talk to some of these flat track guys and find out what the hot ticket for the carb is.