Need Help

I am riding in an enduro race this weekend.. I just realized that my pipe has no spark arrestor. Does anybody know where i can get a clamp on sprak arrestor for the stock 2000 yz426 pipe fast and cheap. Would have had it before but i did not realize they needed them until i was reading the AMA rule book.. Give me some help guys thanks :thumbsup:

Do they even make a slip on spark arrestor cap for the yz 426 stock pipe?? I see a sparky clamp on but they all seem to be for the 2 smokes.

Dr. D and Pro Moto Billet both make spark arrestor end caps. Both are about the same price and both perform about the same. They replace the stock end cap on your stock exhaust, but they include a removeable spark arrestor screen.

I don't think your going to find a slip on for a 4 stroke. I do hare scrambles alot and bought a Pro Moto Billet end cap for about $125. Was well worth it and it wprks great!

Go to Home Depot and pick up a section of heavy mil aluminium screen. Remove the end cap. Cut to fit and replace the cap. When they rod you exhaust the screen will stop the rod and you will pass....

Done it many times... Who cares if the screen colapses or gets a hole in it during the race.... It's just to get you thru tech inspection.

Bonzai :thumbsup:

I thought that you have to have a forestry approved spark arrester to pass inspection? They check in my area.

Yeah they check for forestry approved spark arrestors in my area. I just put the Pro Moto Billet spark arrestor end cap on my YZ.