HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trunkmonkey55

my story..... HELP

5 posts in this topic

Heres my story... I bought my 2004 wr450f in mid april so now its two months old. I went to the beach (dunes) this last weekend and my bike ran flawless the first ride all the way through. I got back to the parking lot and after about and hour or so we were ready to go again. I try to start my bike and it fires and dies right away. I kick it over and the piston just stops dead at the top of the rotation. I took the spark plug out and it made no differance. I week earlyer I was in the mud and dirt and dumped it in a puddle, BIG PUDDLE. can some one PLEASSSSE HELP. anything will help im going to pull it apart tomarrow but would like some theories of whatthis could be caused by. Thanks Jake... :thumbsup:

And I thought mud was only hard on the sprockets, chain, swing arm pivots, suspensions seals, brake pads, brake rotors and wheel bearings. :thumbsup::devil::awww:

I noticed that you posted having problem with your Scotts oil filter. Did the engine seize after finding the problem with the oil filter? It's just a guess, but do you guys think the oil filter problem could be related to the engine freezing up? Maybe something blocked the oil return line. Just a thought. Hope you get it fixed soon.