HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scottyp

Paddle Tire Size 560/18 Fit?

5 posts in this topic

First of all I'd like to say hi. This is my first post here. I have an '03 wr450f I bought new and it is the first motorcycle I have ridden or owned. I ride the sand dunes a lot here in Utah and I hate changing tires when I want to ride dirt. I found a rear wheel assembly for sale that has a 560/18 Cheng shin dune hopper (same as sand pro) paddle tire on it. The seller claims it will fit the wr450f. It is on an aftermarket wheel - talon hub, excel rims and spokes, renthal sprocket - so the rim may not be stock width. Anyone know if there is enough clearance to run a tire this size? I'm not sure if it is wider or taller or just a different unit of measure that is about the same size as stock. Help?

I currently run a 120/18 size paddle on mine with no clearence problems, but I dont know how this compares to a 560/18. I only run 8 paddles,and it works well.

I found out the 560 is 5.6 inches width. That's about 140 mm or a 140/18. Does anyone run anything that big? I'm pretty sure you could run a dirt tire that big without clearance problems, but the paddles may hit the front of the fork on a sand tire. It's on the way so i guess I'll find out this week and let everyone know. I got a complete rear wheel assembly with talon hub, excel rims and spokes, and renthal sprocket and rotor for $250 with the tire. I think thats pretty good even if the tire doesn't clear. New smaller paddle tire is pretty cheap.

the 560 should be wider than a 150, comparing the old system w/ the new.

I don't know if a WR can pull that width (HP!!) regardless if it fits or not...

Well, the huge paddle would just barely fit if I added a link or two to the chain so I could adjust the wheel all the way back and I do mean all the way back. Oh well, the spare wheel is what's important. I just put my dirt tire on it and left my old paddle on the stock wheel. Best of both worlds at the swap of a wheel. What the hell do I do with that huge paddle tire now? I have no idea what it would even fit. :thumbsup: