HELP, Twisted Oil filter

I just bought a scotts oil filter and rode 80 miles on it. When I took it out to change my oil it was twisted and bent. WHY? why would it do this? :thumbsup:

wrong size? maybe you placed i wrong then when you put the cover on it got squeezed?

Got any pictures of it?

I had the same problem once. When I took out the old oil filter it was all twisted up and on further inspection I found that there were 2 of the seals stuck together on the inside of the case which obviously didn't provide the proper amount of space for the oil filter. That was the last time I had a dealer change my oil. So check in the case behind the filter and see if there are any oil filter seals stuck in there.

:thumbsup:

Scotts oil filter only has one rubber gasket that in on the side pointing out.

ya it only has one gasket

:thumbsup:

That is why I use the cheap paper filters! :thumbsup::devil::awww:

Cheap...you mean like $11.00 from the dealer...not to cheap in my mind.

Once you figure that you can use them 4 or 5 times, you drop the price down to around $2-3 for each oil change. I have yet to buy a new filter, got 4 oil changes on it and it looks like new after I clean it up. Seems pretty cheap to me. Just my 2c.

Josh

Just a thought, on both my yz400f and wr450 sometimes the rubber will pull off of the "old dirty" filter and stay inside of your case. When a second filter is installed the spacing is no longer correct and the "new clean" filter will be crushed and twisted... :thumbsup: