HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brettv

Broken Carb Slide Aftermarket Replacement??

2 posts in this topic

i have a 99WRF and havnt checked my carb slide, i was thinking of doing some preventative maintanence on it, and replacing the carb slide BEFORE it breaks and destroys everything

Is there a stronger/tougher aftermarket replacement slide or do u just have to buy genuine??

Ive heard a lot about replacing them just not where to buy them.

Cheers :thumbsup:

I have a 99 too and broke mine a few months ago. Luckily it didn't hurt the engine. Go to sudco. com. I bought my plate from the dealer and it was nearly 200 bucks. I found out about Sudco on this site and ordered some parts from them. They were at least 1/2 the dealer price and sent me a AC pump arm for 3 bucks when the dealer said they couldn't order it seperately and I'd have to get a new carb $1500. I don't know about any tougher aftermarket slides but mine lasted 4 years, I don't think that's too bad.