HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mxrider426

Magnesium?

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the right crankcase cover and water pump cover are magnesium? They don't say magnesium like the other parts that are. Since Water Wetter does not protect magnesium, I wanted to know if the coolant ran through it.

Pretty sure they are aluminum. Magnesium corrodes really bad when using most coolants. The manufacturers figured that out when water cooling was introduced long ago........

the cooling system on the 426f does in fact run through magnesium. i recommend rotella elc coolant from shell. it protects magnesium. read my other post on the coolant.

Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla:

the cooling system on the 426f does in fact run through magnesium.

Where?

Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla:

i was under the influence the case cover and impellor houseing where magnesium, sorry about that.

Well it looks like the head on the 450 will be magnesium, so this will be a relevant issue for 450 owners.