HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CHRIS_SARICH

My 03 WR450 just broke its conrod

16 posts in this topic

Its done 1300kms broken conrod smashed piston,barrel and crankcases. Barrel was not scored had no heat marks or any other marks. Bike has had oil changed every ride no matter what. Took it to yamaha to show them, they agreed it was not my fault. They air frieghted it to head yamaha work shop 4 days ago but I havnt heard back yet. Just wondering if any one has heard of this happening?

I think you're the first one, Chris.

I've heard of a few break in the YZ forum. Also, I know of one that broke in oz in a motard bike, but they upped the rev limiter :thumbsup:

The 450 rod is lighter than the 426, and the stoke is longer, but I wouldnt expect failures with such little use :devil:

Good luck getting it fixed,

Hamish

:thumbsup: My dealer just got back to me Yamaha have said they will cover me for parts. But did not know or wouldnt say what happened. Yam dealer still has photos they took and are going to email them to me will post them once recieved

My 2000 model wr400 snapped the conrod, smashed a hole through the cases at the front just underneath the barrel, smashed a hole through the back of the barred, grooved the bore and also smashed the balance shaft. I think i will stick to my trusty 2005 model xr400

Hi,

Once again like always in the case of broken innerparts I will ask how many hours you have in that engine ? You talked about 1300 km ?

Timo Mc

My 2000 model wr400 snapped the conrod, smashed a hole through the cases at the front just underneath the barrel, smashed a hole through the back of the barred, grooved the bore and also smashed the balance shaft. I think i will stick to my trusty 2005 model xr400

&%$#@!. Go away.

I have 3 XR400's and a 2005 WR450, and I love them all.

Are you sure you have a "trusty 2005 XR400," since they stopped making them in 2004?

Just curious...Newbie Troll perhaps??

I have 3 XR400's and a 2005 WR450, and I love them all.

Are you sure you have a "trusty 2005 XR400," since they stopped making them in 2004?

Just curious...Newbie Troll perhaps??

I would say troll stirring the pot reviving a post almost 2 years old

Yes, the old 400 model motor weak link was the rod small end.

I replaced mine with a 426 rod for just this reason. The 426 rod small end is bigger.

funny thing is my brother has a 98 YZ400F with over 10,000 miles on it and not one single engine or trans problem. I'd like to see a honda do that NOT!