Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crayztwentyseven

Chain rubbing on subframe?

9 posts in this topic

On my 450 my chain has started rubbing on the subframe. Wy is this? My chain seems to be within the correct tightness level. However there is a little play in my rear wheel bearings. Are the bearings the problem :confused:what do you guys think? The bearings are not very loose at all.

On my 450 my chain has started rubbing on the subframe. Wy is this? My chain seems to be within the correct tightness level. However there is a little play in my rear wheel bearings. Are the bearings the problem :confused:what do you guys think? The bearings are not very loose at all.

I don't know if the bearings are the reason for your chain rubbing, but any play in the bearings is bad and they should be replaced.

If the chain is aligned correctly and tighten by the book it will not rub the subframe unless your chain is just slap worn out.

My chain is "rubbing" (nicking) the subframe and swingarm. I put a new chain on the day I bought the bike. I think it was a DID 520 o-ring chain. I have used the same type of chain on the 426 with out any problems.....

I think the chain hits the subframe and swingarm in the whoops.

Maybe not... I dont know but I am having the same problem.

jetnurse

I have the same problem and can't figure it out? Everything is in alignment. The chain lash is ok. It's done it since the bike was new.

mine too, not bad but is irritating.I took my sub frame loose and slid a piece of rubber hose over it.

They all do!!! Some tack on an extra piece of alumuim when it wears down too much!

I took a 4 inch piece of thin gauge galvanized steel angle iron and rivited it to the subframe where it was rubbing. It turned out very clean and simple. Adds a few ounces of weight but well worth the protection to the subframe.

Has anyone worked out why this happens?

I'm having the same issue on my 426.

The chain seems to be really noisy and i can hear it slapping on the sub frame. It hits on both the small box section and the main section just above the swing arm bolt.

The chain is adjusted within spec and a few people have told me the chain is OK. I will put some rubber tubing over the problem area for now.

Thanks

Waldo

YZ426