01' 426 sputtering

First post on TT. I have an '01 426 that I recently cleaned the air filter on and changed the oil as well. I noticed the day after I changed the oil that I left the gas on after the test ride. I've been around bikes quite a bit but this one is stumping me. The bike will rev cleanly in neutral but will sputter and miss when shifting through the gears. This is my first modern 4 stroke and I could use some tips. Full synthetic oil or semi? Any help would be appreciated.

yasotay

Go that way real fast, if something gets in your way, turn.

First post on TT. I have an '01 426 that I recently cleaned the air filter on and changed the oil as well. I noticed the day after I changed the oil that I left the gas on after the test ride. I've been around bikes quite a bit but this one is stumping me. The bike will rev cleanly in neutral but will sputter and miss when shifting through the gears. This is my first modern 4 stroke and I could use some tips. Full synthetic oil or semi? Any help would be appreciated.

Lots of oil in remaining in the filter after cleaning? Tried a new spark plug to see if it helps? Float level out of adjustment?

As far as the oil goes, make sure there are no friction modifiers in there. My friend who races these bikes says stay away from full synth, even if there aren't any in that either. He said the clutch will start slipping using full synth.

I run Mobil 1 in my XRL and it runs fine and it has a wet cluth. But I'm not taking any chances with my WRF. I'm running Yamalube 4R to be sure.

I'll check the filter and the plug. I was using Bel Ray Thumper on the advice of a co-worker. The plug was relatively new but I did leave the gas on. Thanks for your help. I love this site.

I'll check the filter and the plug. I was using Bel Ray Thumper on the advice of a co-worker. The plug was relatively new but I did leave the gas on. Thanks for your help. I love this site.