HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mxrider426

What??

16 posts in this topic

In this months mxa, it has the 2003 yz450, and it says that most people ran a 50 tooth rear sproket on their 426(meaning that it doesn't come stock). But my bike came from the factory with a 50 tooth. Am I going crazy, or is something messed up?

Stock is 49. I believe it says that in the manual.

Did you possibly get a bike from Canada or somewhere else where maybe it's different?

Course your dealer could have switched it out during setup.

Mine came with a 49. I use my YZ primarily for off road, so I've dropped to a 13 up front and have a 50 in my garage in case I want to go a little lower. What are the other off road users using?

(midwest, tight and twisty single track if you can believe it)

mxrider426,

Mine came stock with a 50 as well...&%$#@!? I checked and double checked it...It's a 50 tooth sprocket. No wonder that CRF450 rider smoked me at the track last week. :)

I'll change it to a 49 and I'm sure to beat him now. :D

Actually I'm shocked that someone else had this happen. I thought it was a typo in the manual.

my canadda bred all stock factory yamaha race bike came with a 49

sorta sounds like a bread, like bananna bread, canadda bread :)

anyways, maybe you should have your wife/daughter/son/girlfriend/dog double check for you, i dont think yamaha would of made a mistake of rear sprockets :D

Do you think it could have possibly been the shop that swapped it out, without telling you? Hey, they have to justify the set-up cost, perhaps they kept the 49's, and sold them, and put some 50 or 51 toothers on yours. Possibly??

My stockers on a california YZ400 were 14/49. I run a 15/49 in the sand dunes and desert riding of Southern California.

I'm sure someone needed a 49 and the shop was all out so they appropriated yours and gave you the closest thing.

Ya, your probably right. The other 426 next to it at the dealer had a White Bros. pipe on it, and I didn't ask why.

my bike came fromt he factory with a 50 as well, bought right here in michigan. i run 13/50 int he woods and 14/51 for moto.