2005 WR450!

Nice feature set on the 2005 including California Green Sticker! :lol:

2005 WR450

Nice aluminum muffler on the rear. :thumbsup:

"Slimmer shrouds, seat, and fuel tank" (2.1 gallon fuel tank!) :awww:

Looks great ! I thought we might see a new 150F in the line up this year,looks like maybe next year.

I like the 1" lower seat height! :lol: Fully adjustable front forks! Sweeeeet. :lol: Just cant see what they were thinking with a 2.1 gallon tank! :thumbsup: 50 mile range is a joke! :awww:

YES, green stickered! I know what my next purchase will be! :thumbsup:

I am glad I got the 2004 now. I am 6'3" tall and love the size of the 2004. I always feel like everything is too small for me. I love the new muffler and the 48mm forks from the YZ on there. Sweet lookin bikes... always have been and always will. Go BLUE!

I will be ordering mine tomorrow. :thumbsup: The only thing i didn't like about my wr was the dang red sticker.

It will be a long summer for me :awww:

I do like the fact that it's a green sticker and is lower, 20mm is a lot. I agree with the tank, 2.1 is a joke considering what the bike is intended for. That's the problem with the new Huskys too.. I'll probably end up getting one but I just wished Yamaha made the bike slimmer and lighter, even if it were 5 or 10 pounds. I'll bet these bikes are really refined, not redesigned just refined.. Yamaha claims 244lbs, that's funny :thumbsup: I would bet the farm they're off by 10 or more pounds.. Nothing to jump up and down over but still probably the best off-road package on the market today..

05_WR450F_BLU_1_3528.jpg

Dan

Lookin good for sure. However I don't see the changes as groundbreaking, so I'll be ordering my 04 today. Not to mention that it says it won't be available until October. :thumbsup:

I can always order one of those pipes and get most of the weight savings... I'll probably change the handlebar anyway too.

As for lower seat height, that's a disadvantage for me anyhow. Not to mention all they did was reduce rear shock travel by 4".

Yamaha claims 244lbs, that's funny I would bet the farm they're off by 10 or more pounds

You forgot they weigh them on the moon :thumbsup:

To get them 20mm lower how did they do this? Is the frame the same? Glad to hear you guys are gonna be able to get a green sticker on them.

I like the fact they're using CR routed front brake lines now too. I think I'll see about ordering up the parts to upgrade mine this Fall. :thumbsup:

I'm probably going to get one of those. The YZ is great for MX, but I want a do-it all machine for single track and dirt roads also. I'm leaning on getting a Z-start, removing the battery and starter if possible, odo+ cable made out of lead, adding flatland and gyt guards. Might just be the perfect bike. Anyone know what battery and starter weigh?

I'm with you on this one Dan. I compared the 2004 to the 2005 and it's 244 lbs. versus 245 lbs. The thing will be 265+ lbs. wet without fuel. Maybe that 1 lb. came off the fuel tank?

I was really hoping for 5-10 lbs. off like you said. :thumbsup: I'd buy this bike in a heart beat if they'd do that.

I'm with you on this one Dan. I compared the 2004 to the 2005 and it's 244 lbs. versus 245 lbs. The thing will be 265+ lbs. wet without fuel. Maybe that 1 lb. came off the fuel tank?

I was really hoping for 5-10 lbs. off like you said. :awww: I'd buy this bike in a heart beat if they'd do that.

Maybe next year for '06? The '05 YZ125s and 250s came with aluminum frames this year and lost 4-5 lbs, I'm sure the thumpers aren't far behind! :thumbsup:

Dang! I just picked up my 04' last week! When did Yamaha release that info? I should'a waited. :thumbsup:

I bet the 244lbs is for the NON-Cal model. Having the AIS will add 10lbs, like a smog pump for yer car. But may be worth the green sticker. And you can always take it off too! :awww: Small gas tank is not good.

Reading more into the Specs it looks like the WRs are slimmer than ever..

A one pound difference worries me. :awww: I think that AIS is a 10 pound hulk of garbage. :lol: I have seen those things on other bikes.What does "Green Sticker Ready" mean anyway. :thumbsup:

AIS on the R1 is only about 4lbs. You can always remove it like i did.

The 04s have 48mm forks? or just 46?

I thought they mentioned the frame was 10mm lower, or was that the yz...

Comes with gripper seat and alu bars. Nice stuff since these are 2 obvious upgrades for $150+, and CR brake line.

Sounds like a nice/better package all around.

Sure could be better, but...

It's a great package and they give us just enough upgrades each year to keep us happy. A couple of more years and they should really have the WR refined. :awww::thumbsup:

"To get them 20mm lower how did they do this? Is the frame the same?"

I believe they changed the subframe.

Post deleted by DOMENIC_WRF