spark plug

I recently changed my spark plug and it was rusty. I know there is a drain hole on the side of the cylinder but what I want to know is, is there a way to prevent water from getting in the drain hole when washing?

Most of the water should just drain back out when you are finished with the wash. A little compressed air blown into the drain hole should dry out any remaining water. :thumbsup:

I recently changed my spark plug and it was rusty. I know there is a drain hole on the side of the cylinder but what I want to know is, is there a way to prevent water from getting in the drain hole when washing?

Don't hit it with the pressure washer or hose directly.

I start up my bike after washing, Let it get up to operating temp. haven't had a rusty plug since. :thumbsup:

a golf tee will plug this hole when washing the bike

Am I missing something - where is this drain hole? Not sure I recall seeing it and can't check it given my baby is 500 miles away :thumbsup:

On the right side of the cylinder, the little hole.

Aha - that one - got it thanks

No need to worry about the rust. This is normal. As one forum member said, "Just don't use a pressure washer or go heavy with the rinse on the cylinder and you will be fine"

Thanks - RCD