HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YamahaWR450FMike

04 WR450F Headlight Switch?

6 posts in this topic

Anyone know where I can locate one? Did the 03 WR450's have a light switch. If so I'll just order a 03 light switch. :thumbsup:

Yes, the 03's have a on/off switch for the lights stock. You might try asking some 03 WR owners that have installed a dual sport kit if they'll part with theirs. I'm sure there has to be some floating around here somewhere.

I incorporated mine back into my bike so I could reroute the AC power to the headlight instead of DC.

well looked on partfish.com and they want $37.95 for a headlight switch for the 03 WR450. Was hoping to find something a little cheaper for just a switch. :thumbsup:

Start a thread in the Parts forum that you're looking for a WR 250F/450F light switch, any year. I sold my WR switch to a TT'er in Montana under similiar circumstances. I swapped out to a Warrior (Yamaha quad) switch setup to get hi/lo headlight, kill switch, and horn button (start button on the Warrior switch) all in one unit aiming for a cheap dual sport conversion. I run narrowed ProTapers so space is at a premium.

It's just too bad the "high/low" means high as in up, and low as in down. I did that on my wr 426 and started signaling planes to land. Although I did install the stock 426 switch on my 07 450 and it works perfect. It's a good idea for night riding incase someone is lost and you need get to the top of a ridge and flash signal.

I didn't even know that any of them even had a switch. i was trying to figure out a way to wire a on-off switch to mine so i didn't have to have my lights on all the time. if they sell a switch then problem solved. mine's a 04 wr450f. does it just plug in?