HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TARFELE

Throttle sticks

3 posts in this topic

Recently, I found that while riding, when I pull in the clutch the RPM's stay a little higher than at normal idle speed. To make it stop, while still holding the clutch, I rev it high and quickly let the throttle go back. It will then idle normally. I find it doing it while riding in normal conditions. Does it sound like the throttle cable is sticking somewhere? (it does to me but I cant find it, any ideas) :thumbsup:

I think this is just inherent of the new 4 strokes. Maybe the TPS. Seems that my WR and DRZ did the same thing.

I hate to say it but you may want to pull your carb and check the slide. There have been a few WR's that have had the bottom corners of their slides crack. Some have even come completely off and passed through the engine with mixed results :thumbsup:. I belive this happened to TT member Frostbite recently (among others). Do a search here and you will see what I mean.