leaking gas tank!

rode this weekend and thought i smelled gas but couldn't see any leakage.well after i got home still had a strong odor,so i took off the seat and the dang thing was leaking at the brass grommet w/screw that the rubber strap connects to! is there any fixing this or is it time to look for a different tank?(already tried playing around w/the screw and still leaked) seems kinda dumb the way they made it,could've just made a nipple that was part of the tank.

I dont know about repairing it but a epoxy type adhesive should be reisitant to fuel. If you cant repair it PM me and I will send you my stock tank for a good deal. :thumbsup:

Yeah, give tank repair a try. Here's my tank repair in action:

8.jpg

Don't mess around. Just buy a new tank.

holy crap!!! what kinda bike is the burning? GEESE! believe it or not I'd try some JB weld quick bond. I used it on my old 1984 TT600 gas tank and it worked great!!!

That's a WR426 repaired with JB Weld. I spoke with the tank manufacturer and he said it is not possible to repair the tanks.

I remember everyone talking about this after your bike spontaneously combusted. For the price of these bikes, I'd never put a repaired tank on one. It's just not worth it.

I don't know how old your bike is but I'd contact Yamaha USA or just buy a new, aftermarket tank.

Wow! JB worked just fine for me.

That's a WR426 repaired with JB Weld. I spoke with the tank manufacturer and he said it is not possible to repair the tanks.

I bought a wr a few months ago a the fella convienently failed to inform me it was riden off a mountain.(resulting in 11 differnt cracks in the tank. I used a plastic welding kit to heat the plastic and smear it around. it seems to have worked fine but after seeing daves bike flameing I may consider replacing it.

yah,i've decided just to get a new ims 2.8 gal. it retains stock seat and just needs yz shrouds(anyone have any cheap?) i really hate spending money on something that was just plain faulty,but watchagonnado!