HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryno717

New DID x-ring

6 posts in this topic

Any ideas on cleaning off the grease like lube that the new DID's come packed in. I usually soak non o-ring chains in kerosene, but I'm not sure if I should soak the new x-ring in it. I did a search and could not find any info. Any help is appreciated.

I've been using WD-40 , seems to work well for cleaning duties. Not a fan of soaking the 'ring' chains, as the rings are there to seal lube into the links, and allowing it to soak in a solvent of any type would eventually reduce the amount of lube in there and deteriorate the rings.

Just my $.02

I agree with Sirthump. I bought a new x-ring a few months back. I did no cleaning whatsoever. After the first ride the factory lube will be gone and you can lube normally.

Flog

I use the Regina Gold o-ring (same as the Renthal -$15), but it also comes glopped with a lube/corrosion proofer that looks like white lithium and cosmoline mixed. I spray the whole thing down with Maxima synthetic chain lube and wipe it down with a rag before I install it. WD40 is OK, in fact, it will probably clean better, but then you'll have to lube it anyway.